Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: mme users -> what bag do you use?  (Read 2488 times)

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
mme users -> what bag do you use?
« on: March 24, 2004, 06:07:17 PM »
im currently running a rackgear (an older on with the more solid shelves) and would like to slim down and carry a smaller lighter bag

im running a laptop, so i would need something that i could lay my laptop on while in use and would lie to be able to see the mme meters from tiem to time, but kind of have it all packed up att he same time

any suggestions?

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
Re:mme users -> what bag do you use?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 06:17:15 PM »
how big is your laptop?

I used both a Mountainsmith Cairn and a Tamrac camera bag (similair to the low pro) when I had my minime.

you could run upright in Cairn but placing the laptop could be difficult. You can run upright in the Tamrac but can't close it up.
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 06:24:59 PM »
vaio picturebook c1vp (came as the c1vn)

i was thinking maybe a lowepro magnum or commercial, as i ran a nova 5 once and really liked it

Offline Tim

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 06:25:43 PM »
I think a bag like that would be your best bet...
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline hzgone

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 07:52:32 PM »
Mountainsmith Cairn, with bp 50 bat, mme, cables, shock mounts and a few other things.  I carry my mics in a pelican case
http://db.etree.org/hzgone
http://dead.no-ip.info

AKG 391's>MiAGi-II Silver Cables>V3>VX Pocket V2>Fujitsu 2110

on hiatus, semi retired, injured reserve, got hitched, had 2 kids, broke as hell, & my life is over patcher stage of life...

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 07:57:51 PM »
so let me preface this by saying I just got the Cairn and have not taken it in the field yet, but so far the thing rocks...fits everything that my rakgear deluxe did, with the exception being these fat ass zaolla cables, which I can hook to the hip belt on the bag....alot nicer to have a small bag than the obscenely huge rakgear.  Dont get me wrong, I loved the rakgear, and still have it in the closet in case I change my mind, but so far, the cairn rocks...plus if you order it online, can get a different color than the blinding yellow they sell here.  Mine is navy and black which is good for low profile type stuff

Offline Nick Culbreth

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2004, 08:03:44 PM »
i use a mountainsmith cairn and it was a perfect size bag for running the mme vertically.  i'm not sure what you would do with your laptop but i had the mme in the back left part of the bag, a pelican 1060 with the mics in front of the mme, sla batteries on the right, and my dpa windscreens and various accessories on top of the slas.

*edit* here is are the pictures of my setup.  *edit*

http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?board=20;action=display;threadid=6595
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 08:07:59 PM by nmculbreth »

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2004, 08:08:53 PM »
one that is flame retardant  ;D

I always ran it in its padded bag...can mod a rakgear bag to work well with one, use the laptop holder, cut holes for cables.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2004, 07:52:06 AM »
i also run mine in its padded bag. i think im gonna stick with the lowepro commercial aw, so i can half ass run the mme veritcally and have some sort of protection for the laptop also

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2004, 11:26:28 AM »
I run the Mountainsmith Day which is a bit taller but not as deep as the Cairn.  Mark Terry has a laptop and he also has the Day.  Even my jumbo Mac G3 fits in the Day.  I am sure that both a MiniMe and a laptop will fit nicely in the Day.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline rustoleum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • AKG 481s->MiaGi IIs->MiniMe->MTII
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2004, 06:41:16 AM »
Finally got around to snapping some pics of my gear.  Should give you an idea of what I've done to the MiniMe to (in my opinion) eliminate some of the ergonomic issues with it.  Check out the thread labeled "MiniMe, etc and rig bag pics" in the Rig pics section.  The cage the minime is run in allows me to safely leave everything connected without the possibility of the cables getting bumped (so they don't need to be locking).  Since it is longer than the minime, the controls are recessed and can't be accidentally bumped potentially switching or adjusting something.  The hard cage (with padding) protects the minime allowing me to run the lappy on top of it using it as a shelf or allows me to run the mini me veritically without fear of hurting the connectors on the back.
Rusty

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com