Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: transfer help  (Read 1288 times)

Offline momule

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
transfer help
« on: April 03, 2004, 11:25:33 AM »
Im trying to transfer one of my first DAT's (Sony A6 > 800mhz Amd,512 ram, >Audiophile 24/96.) Running 2000 pro

problem Im having is I tried audacity and it made it 47 min and then the visual recording on the pc stopped and it appered to start recodring over what I already had(lucly for me it did not)
So then I tried Cdwave just for shit's and giggles.
it made it 9 minutes and then stopped showing the recording via the pc graph.

SO Im sorta lost here. I do hve total recorder aswell but I really don't think it the software .

I did have mcafee running while i was running  audacity , but shitcanned it on cdwave and still the same problem

Anyone have any ideas of where I could be going wrong. I have an Otiel show from 2-16-04 from here in Kc, that I know no one else has a copy of as there was not 20 folks in the room that night and Only one set of Mic's. SO i would really like to get this worked out as I also have a nice 15 day mule run from 96 (all SBD's) That was given to me by a friend of the band to seed again. As some of the original transfers had some problems.

SO ya get my dilema here.

Thank's in advance for any pointers.

Nick

AKG 463's (uno ck62) > Mackie Onyx Satellite > Microtrack II

Offline seethreepo

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Resist Or Serve
Re:transfer help
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 11:57:21 AM »
make sure the folder you have set up is on a  drive  with lots of room,   defrag the hard drive and increase any buffers you can relating to recording ( i use sound forge so I cant reply specifically to audacity. )  

also ensure the transfer  bit rates match the tape output  ie 48k - 48k   or if the card does resampling  48 - 44.1

do you get any error messages or did it just stop ?

of course try a differnt cable set up too just for fun ,  and shut down all non essentials  screen saver, anti virus , firewall  etc   if worried just ull the ethernetcable before hand.  

also I know video cards and their drivers are often a problem  you might try lowering the resolution of your display while trecording.  
"Never heard anyone say that music was the thing that fucked up their day" 
-Chris Robinson 1996-09-24
Mics:Schoeps Mk4,   Beyerdynamic ck930(for sale)  ,Sound Professionals - SP-CMC-8 , Marcsounds binaurals  Pre amps: Beyerdynamic MV-1 ,  Naiant IPA  Recorders:  Edirol R-44, Edirol R-09HR, Roland  R-05

real recorder > phone
 external mics > Internal mics
 FOB > Taper Section
 HATS > better than Denied

Offline seethreepo

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Resist Or Serve
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2004, 11:58:18 AM »
and if anyt of that worked I'll take the mule sbds as my fee  :)
"Never heard anyone say that music was the thing that fucked up their day" 
-Chris Robinson 1996-09-24
Mics:Schoeps Mk4,   Beyerdynamic ck930(for sale)  ,Sound Professionals - SP-CMC-8 , Marcsounds binaurals  Pre amps: Beyerdynamic MV-1 ,  Naiant IPA  Recorders:  Edirol R-44, Edirol R-09HR, Roland  R-05

real recorder > phone
 external mics > Internal mics
 FOB > Taper Section
 HATS > better than Denied

Offline momule

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 11:58:10 PM »
well thank you for the Idea's Upon furthur review it appers Audacity just freaked out and did not display the entire transfer but yet the entire tape was saved to the hd,

SO Im still lost But we got the 48khz tape to the Hd, so It's over half there.
It was tracked and flac'd tonight and made a torrent but have not uploaded just yet , look for it mid afternoon.
Sound was great for the GE (grand emporium)
 maybe 20 folks there on the last night of the tour. I was kinda dissapointed

And on the Mule Sbd's you may have a couple as most of them were openers for the crowes. Late 96.
9 of the 15 I got have all had an A rating so far.
A Buddy and I are qc'ing them and will be offering them back to almost every list and tracker.

Nick

AKG 463's (uno ck62) > Mackie Onyx Satellite > Microtrack II

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com