Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: how do you like your iRiver for recording to wav?  (Read 6446 times)

Offline Bart.VL71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: how do you like your iRiver for recording to wav?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2005, 06:39:59 AM »
What about the newer iRiver H320 or 340? I consider buying one of these. Is this recording limit still in effect on these models ?

Offline deadhoarse

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2005, 12:54:01 PM »
Is this recording limit still in effect on these models ?

yes. The iriver mp3 players are not a viable option for live recording.

Offline FINCHY

• Taperssection Newbie
  • www.jbtlive.com
    • JBT Live
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2005, 08:17:37 AM »
I know I should probly ask this in the rockbox forums, but since we're already taking about it:
Does anyone know if there are plans for rockbox firmware for the H300 models? or just the H100's, coz surely its just adding & tweaking features & not completely rewriting the code just for H300's?? & I know there is a progress chart thing, but how about an actual ETA? can anyone answer who is fully clued into rockbox?, coz I'm just a n00b to it.

I recently purchased a H340 so I'm pretty keen to know if theres any hope for it in the future ;) hehe.
I'm a stealth analog taper, hence my JB3 was a waste of money (no offence to the purists here), so I'm pretty keen to once again ditch my old MD & get into HD recording for good. :)
CSC > iRiver H340 (w/ Rockbox)

Offline Paule

• Taperssection Newbie
  • beam.to/maidenboots
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2005, 06:04:45 PM »
Hi, does anyone have any experience with the rockbox firmware on the iriver h120 for recording concerts?
I want to start taping (Heavy Metal shows) and I’m looking for the right equipment. The H120 catches my eye - it’s tiny, has a big hard disk and can record to uncompressed wav. But with the original firmware it seems useless, I’ve read about clicks and dropouts, there is also a file-size limitation and no peak level meters.
With the rockbox firmware it seems that all the cons are fixed. Ok, the firmware is still under development, but the recording feature is already included in the debug menu.

Please post your experience with rockbox firmware, are there still glitches when recording to wav? Do the peak level meters work reliable? Is it possible to record in 48kHz wav?

As alternative to the H120 I’m looking for a Hi-MD recorder. Is there a difference in quality between recording with the H120 and a Hi-MD recorder?
For mics I’m planning to use the OKM-II Rock with the A3 preamp from http://www.soundman.de

Thanks
Paule

Offline goatfarmer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2005, 08:23:54 AM »
I think between the two links below, many of these questions will be adressed. I have an H120 that I use to record shows via line in or external mic. I am a complete newbie to recording but find the quality just fine for me. I am using firmware H120USv1.65 and the latest Rockbox firmware alternatively. I record with the iRiver firmware and playback with Rockbox. The Rockbox recording options are found in the Debug folder of the latest firmware and I'm too chicken to mess around with it.

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?board=5.0

http://www.misticriver.net/boards/showthread.php?t=4980

Cheers,
DK
To the optimist, the glass is half full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com