Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Modding a Audio Player for recording possibly JB2  (Read 1637 times)

Offline bluesbrooks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • Blues Lover
Modding a Audio Player for recording possibly JB2
« on: September 06, 2005, 02:49:38 PM »
Hey I was wandering if anyone thought it could be possible to mod say a Nomad JB2 music player into a line in recorder. I am not talking about adding an optical in just an analog in or maybe run a analog to digital converter straight to the unit. I think software wise it should be possible. But does anyone have any idea on if the electronics side of it would work and if so how to go about doing it. I know the JB3 is what everyone is looking into but I would like to try my hand at possibly making an audio recorde justr like making mics. I find it odd that on the net you can find tons of DIY video recorders but none for audio. Any help would be great.
2003 year of the Blues

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My cd List
Re: Modding a Audio Player for recording possibly JB2
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 03:06:09 PM »
If you have Creative's software figured out, how about creating some firmware for the JB3 for better levels and the capacity to write 24/48 KHz files!  ;D

Good luck!
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 03:27:36 PM »
Rather than put all that effort into making a new firmware, I would rather just buy a MICROTRACK!

You would be a very popular person if you could get the JB3 to record 24/48 though.

MIKE B
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline bluesbrooks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • Blues Lover
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 05:13:27 PM »
I am unsure if I could do that. But I was more saying using the same basic software idea. But on the firmware subject youd think someone would make an opensource that would be compatible for the Nomad much like Rockbox for Archos and Iriver. If someone made the open source then with everyone put together it could be possible to make that adjustment but there might be some sort of problem with the hardware used.
2003 year of the Blues

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com