Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DV-RA 1000 disc stuck inside  (Read 2487 times)

Offline slowburn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Tascam DV-RA 1000 disc stuck inside
« on: September 25, 2005, 08:21:21 PM »
I was going through a stack of DVDs from a problem pile on my desk. My computer said one of them was written but it wouldn't open so I could see what was on it. I put it in various DVD machines to see if any of them would read it. Stupidly I also put it in my DV-RA 1000. I can only assume it has some kind of datafiles on it.

It was trying to read the disc forever and wouldn't eject so I powered down and started it up again. Now it's stuck saying 'initialize DVD drive'. Eject doesn't work.

I guess I'm gonna let it be for a few hours to see if it finally gives up and spits it out but I'm a little worried. Anyone got a clue as to how I could get the disc out?

Offline slowburn

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Tascam DV-RA 1000 disc stuck inside
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 08:49:44 PM »
It's been at the 'initialize dvd drive' screen for probably an hour. Any idea leaving it overnight? I'm thinking maybe there's alot of datafiles on the disk and it goes through all of them? Actually I guess I'm hoping for that.

With true cold reboot I'm assuming you mean unplug the powercord for awhile?

Thanks

Offline JackoRoses

• Needs to get out more...
  • lost cause
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 09:57:04 PM »
I know this is not a computer (cd) dvd drive, but with those drives the manufacturer will leave a small hole much like a reset button on the face of the unit. Usually you can stick a paper clip into that hole and it will release the tray manually and allow you to remove the media.
Good luck none the less...
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline JackoRoses

• lost cause
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 08:38:20 PM »
^,.... ??
Did I confuseicate you Moke?
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 08:42:24 PM »
dont know if there is one of those on the tascam (there should be, but i downt know if there is)...
-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline slowburn

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 10:08:05 AM »
Still haven't solved this. I left it on overnight for about 8 hours. Still trying to initialize so it doesn't look like it's a problem that will go away by itself.

There is no reset hole visible even on the innerdoor. I guess there could be one inside the unit but I'm not that keen on opening it up. Looks like there is about 10 screws that need to be loosened and the 8 on the sides are so long that I get a feeling it will be a major pain to get it back together again. I tried using a hooked paperclip on the sides and under the innerdoor but it didn't move at all.

The DVD drive inside looks (through the airholes) like it's a closed unit so by opening it all I can really hope for is finding on of those reset holes and that just does't seem likely.

I also assume that opening it up would void the warranty. Since mine is in Europe and was bought in the US I'm not sure that would make any real difference but still.

Does anyone have an email to Tascam US support? Their webpage gives a phonenumber which I would rather not use unless necessary.

Thanks for all help in trying to solve this. I imagine I won't be the last one this happens to so it might be usefull to get an answer. Of course unless Tascam has some buttoncombination that stops the initializing I will probably have to have it sent somewhere.

Offline 1st set only

• you are what you is
    • Don Poulsen Illustration and Graphic Design
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 10:24:07 AM »
im sure leaving it on for 8 hours cannot be good for the motor
the show is over go home please.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.193 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com