Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sound Core Low Cost Binaural + Low Sensivity Option  (Read 3107 times)

Offline tod3sschu3tze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Tape Metal!
Sound Core Low Cost Binaural + Low Sensivity Option
« on: December 06, 2005, 12:56:36 PM »
hi guys!
i am not that new in taping, but i think in your eyes i am a complete noob, so please be considerate :)
for taping i always used my sony mz-r70 minidisc recorder or my iriver h-120 hdd recorder.
as mic i chose a sony ecm-ds70p. for outside recordings (open air) this equipment was good enough.

for taping in halls, i aways took the sony mz-r70, because it is simply smaller and it is easy to prevent it from the close inspection of a security guy (stealth ^^).
the problem with that recorder always was the distortion, because it has not got a "low sensivity" recording feature.

finally i decided to buy the sound core low cost binaurals with low sensivity option, because the website says, they are made for the sony series not having the low sensivity feature.

here is what the webiste says:

Low Sensitivity Option: If you are using one of the Sony MD recorders that lack the low sensitivity setting on its mic pre-amp (MZ-R37, MZ-R70, MZ-R71, MZ-R90, MZ-R91, MZ-R700, MZ-R750) or that have overload problems (MZ-R55), you'll find that if you record loud music, the mic pre-amp will overload and you'll hear huge amounts of distortion. (These are the only recorders that lack this feature. All of the other Sony MD recorders and all Sharp recorders have a low sensitivity setting.)

so, i have 2 questions:
1. has anybody some experience with especially that version i am looking for? any pros or cons?
2. when my mz-r70 will be broken one day (hopefully not!), is it correct, that i can still use them, even if another md-recorder has that low sensivity option, and i leave it inactive?
Stealth Setup(s):

NEW ONE:
Microphone Madness HLSC-1 > iRiver H120 + Rockbox > USB > WaveLab > Audio-CD / FLAC

OLD ONE:
Core Sound Low Cost Binaurals + Low Sensivity Option > 9V Battery Box > iRiver H120 + Rockbox > USB > WaveLab > Audio-CD / FLAC

tod3sschu3tze's Live Show & Bootlegs Trading List: http://trade.tod3sschu3tze.de

Offline cybermansrev

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Sound Core Low Cost Binaural + Low Sensivity Option
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 04:23:14 PM »

finally i decided to buy the sound core low cost binaurals with low sensivity option, because the website says, they are made for the sony series not having the low sensivity feature.

1. has anybody some experience with especially that version i am looking for? any pros or cons?
2. when my mz-r70 will be broken one day (hopefully not!), is it correct, that i can still use them, even if another md-recorder has that low sensivity option, and i leave it inactive?

1. Yes they are bollocks unless you're recording acoustic stuff, even with these and my MZ-R91 the preamp brickwalled on anything loud. Get a standard set of mics and a battery box, go line in to avoid the sony preamp.
2. Yes you could use them but you won't want to!

I'd definately shop around a bit more for mics and a battery box, if your handy with a soldering iron you can buy panasonic capsules and make something very similar to the low cost binaurals.

Offline Teen Age Riot

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 10:02:57 AM »
^ what he said.

Since you're in Germany, I would recommend OKMs if you want to stick to small, inexpensive omni mics. You can easily get those without having to pay extra money at the customs.

Offline tod3sschu3tze

• Taperssection Regular
  • Tape Metal!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 03:28:06 PM »
^ what he said.

Since you're in Germany, I would recommend OKMs if you want to stick to small, inexpensive omni mics. You can easily get those without having to pay extra money at the customs.

thank you guys!
but what model from okm do you recommend for loud metal-concerts and do i need a battery box, if i need so, which one should i choose? should be small in case of gettin' it in :D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 04:26:35 PM by tod3sschu3tze »
Stealth Setup(s):

NEW ONE:
Microphone Madness HLSC-1 > iRiver H120 + Rockbox > USB > WaveLab > Audio-CD / FLAC

OLD ONE:
Core Sound Low Cost Binaurals + Low Sensivity Option > 9V Battery Box > iRiver H120 + Rockbox > USB > WaveLab > Audio-CD / FLAC

tod3sschu3tze's Live Show & Bootlegs Trading List: http://trade.tod3sschu3tze.de

Offline Teen Age Riot

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 01:30:55 AM »
I think it's called "OKM-II R (Studio)". It comes with power supply called "A3" which is very small.

thank you guys!
but what model from okm do you recommend for loud metal-concerts and do i need a battery box, if i need so, which one should i choose? should be small in case of gettin' it in :D

RebelRebel

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 04:22:35 AM »
who is sound core? :P

Offline tod3sschu3tze

• Taperssection Regular
  • Tape Metal!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 10:51:41 AM »
who is sound core? :P

"core sound" grrrr :-X
Stealth Setup(s):

NEW ONE:

OLD ONE:

RebelRebel

Offline Teen Age Riot

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 11:57:36 AM »
Here's a good example of what the OKMs can sound like:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=54880

Offline tod3sschu3tze

• Taperssection Regular
  • Tape Metal!
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 10:56:15 AM »
sh**
the user maximum at dimeadozen.org is reached, has somebody a sample track for me to hear?
Stealth Setup(s):

NEW ONE:

OLD ONE:

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com