Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam HD-P2 Anyone using one and what's the verdict?  (Read 10660 times)

Offline gusbud1

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I need more cowbell.
Re: Tascam HD-P2 Anyone using one and what's the verdict?
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2006, 03:40:56 PM »
What methods are being used to power the unit? (6v 9v 12v)  Pictures would be great.
eathworks sr78(L)>rode nt2a (c-omni)>earthworks sr78(R)>sound devices 302>apogee minime 24/96khz s/pidf>tascam hd-p2

Offline RobC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2006, 04:31:40 PM »
and what type of CF cards are people using with success with this recorder,
I know that the Scan Disc ultra cards work,  how about some of the off brand el cheapo cards?
km 184 >v2> HD-P2, R-44
AKG 393, 392

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My show list
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2006, 04:50:09 PM »
What methods are being used to power the unit? (6v 9v 12v)  Pictures would be great.

for external power, you need a 12v battery.  I had my HD-P2 out for some DAT transfers, so I hooked up the battery and took a pic.  (normally, I just plug it into the wall when I'm transferring DATs)

this is a 12v 4200mAH NiMH battery.  it's 5.5" x 3.75" x 0.8"
so it slips into my bag nice and easily.  and it sure is a lot lighter than a 12v SLA battery.
I've never run this battery completely empty, but in theory, I think I should get ~9 hours of run time (running S/PDIF in and the backlight off).  in practice, I've never really run more than 5.5 - 6 hours or so.  and of course, if you were running analog into the unit, using the internal pre-amps (especially with phantom on) and the internal A/D, you'd be sure to get a good deal less run time.

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2006, 05:31:34 PM »
and what type of CF cards are people using with success with this recorder,
I know that the Scan Disc ultra cards work,  how about some of the off brand el cheapo cards?

I'm running a Kingston 2GB (50x) right now.  I have a Kingston 4GB (45x) on the way, which I expect to have no problems.  Kingston just debuted their 8GB earlier this month.  Best place to pick up the Kingstons brand new is on eBay.  The photogs bid up the Sandisks and eBay has been heavily invaded with fake Sandisk cards.  I've seen the Kingston cards go for brand new on eBay: 2GB -$60.00 and the 4GB  -$99.00.  Hope that helps.   :) 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com