Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: WHERE TO BUY "MM-HLSC-1 (Sennheiser) Mics" IN GERMANY?  (Read 4700 times)

Offline tod3sschu3tze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Tape Metal!
WHERE TO BUY "MM-HLSC-1 (Sennheiser) Mics" IN GERMANY?
« on: September 25, 2006, 03:07:38 PM »
hi folks, well, my question is in the subject.
searched all over the internet for a shop shipping these nice mics to me at germany. but i did not find a single one ???
can somebody please help me? ::)
Stealth Setup(s):

NEW ONE:
Microphone Madness HLSC-1 > iRiver H120 + Rockbox > USB > WaveLab > Audio-CD / FLAC

OLD ONE:
Core Sound Low Cost Binaurals + Low Sensivity Option > 9V Battery Box > iRiver H120 + Rockbox > USB > WaveLab > Audio-CD / FLAC

tod3sschu3tze's Live Show & Bootlegs Trading List: http://trade.tod3sschu3tze.de

Offline Oysterhead00

• Taperssection Member
  • Rock This Bitch
    • My Ugly Page In Need Of A Huge Makeover
Re: WHERE TO BUY "MM-HLSC-1 (Sennheiser) Mics" IN GERMANY?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 03:26:43 PM »
http://www.microphonemadness.com/products/mmhigsencars1.htm

Microphone Madness ships internationally via USPS Global Priority Air....I'm assuming that includes Germany.
Big Rig:  SMK-H8K/U or MSH-1O > PS-2 > AD-20 > CJB3
Sm Rig:  SS DSM-6S (or SP-CMC-12 > SPBM-2)  > MD-MT77
ISO: Cheap iRiver 120 or 140 :)

Offline tod3sschu3tze

• Taperssection Regular
  • Tape Metal!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 02:41:11 AM »
oh yeah, thanks for your help.
think these are the right ones: http://www.microphonemadness.com/products/mmhigsencars.htm
Stealth Setup(s):

NEW ONE:
Microphone Madness HLSC-1 > iRiver H120 + Rockbox > USB > WaveLab > Audio-CD / FLAC

OLD ONE:
Core Sound Low Cost Binaurals + Low Sensivity Option > 9V Battery Box > iRiver H120 + Rockbox > USB > WaveLab > Audio-CD / FLAC

tod3sschu3tze's Live Show & Bootlegs Trading List: http://trade.tod3sschu3tze.de

Offline muj

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Certifiable Nevaton Fluffer
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 05:00:41 AM »
why not buy a pair of mk2's cheap in germany with lemo dots and use the dpa preamp?

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 10:07:07 AM »
why not buy a pair of mk2's cheap in germany with lemo dots and use the dpa preamp?

Even used MK2s in Germany seem likely (to me) to be in an entirely different price category v. the $250 pair of MMs referenced.  If not, I gotta get in on some German MKx sales!
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline tod3sschu3tze

• Taperssection Regular
  • Tape Metal!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 09:38:13 AM »
yeah,
my intention was to get a nice stealthy and small pair of mics, which are a upgrade in comparison to my actual core sounds.
so i tried to avoid to use an extra preamp.
Stealth Setup(s):

NEW ONE:

OLD ONE:

Offline Ekib

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 12:24:56 AM »
I have used both Core Sound ( the $ 250 card's ) and the MM . I prefer the CSCD since they have more clarity and are more direct . On the other hand the MM highline have more warmth . The highline are Cardioid's but I think they sound like a cross between card's and binaurals.
I think if you buy the MM's over your binaural's you will have a better setup .
Mike , the owner of MM , is very easy to deal with . Very cool guy . He answers your questions right away . He will ship overseas .

If you ask me I would go for the Core sound $ 250 stealthy cardioid . Nothing beats them in my opinion ! But not everyone here agrees with that !
But I have to say, I don’t mind it. I do object when I see people sticking microphones up my nose, in the front row. If I see anyone doing that [laughs] I’m going to have security remove them. Because that’s just obnoxious. But I don’t mind if people come and discreetly at the back make a recording of it. And I know that it’s just for their own use, for the superfan.
(Steven Wilson , interview http://blog.musoscribe.com/index.php/2011/01/25/interview-steven-wilson-on-audience-taping/ )

Offline corsair

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 01:07:13 AM »
hi folks, well, my question is in the subject.
searched all over the internet for a shop shipping these nice mics to me at germany. but i did not find a single one ???
can somebody please help me? ::)

Those mics are actually Sennheiser MKE-40 capsules.... MM's mics are actually just a 'cheapskate' reproduction
of those same mics... Since U live in Germany urself, why dun U buy the mke40s direct in Europe?
A buddy of mine has tested the difference between the two, and the real Sennheiser mke40s sound abit better.
Audio-Technica ES943/C's -> Home-made 3-wire battery box -> Tascam DR-07

RebelRebel

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 12:06:22 PM »
yeah,
my intention was to get a nice stealthy and small pair of mics, which are a upgrade in comparison to my actual core sounds.
so i tried to avoid to use an extra preamp.

Okm oder?

why not Thomann??? dieses Geschäft hat die besten Preise für alle Musikprodukte...I always use Thomann!(unless I order direct from Schoeps or MG)

Offline Javier Cinakowski

• !! Downhill From Here !!
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 12:40:50 PM »
Those mics are actually Sennheiser MKE-40 capsules.... MM's mics are actually just a 'cheapskate' reproduction
of those same mics... Since U live in Germany urself, why dun U buy the mke40s direct in Europe?
A buddy of mine has tested the difference between the two, and the real Sennheiser mke40s sound abit better.

They are not really "cheapskate" reproduction but rather they use the Sennheiser MKE40 capsule with a customed manufactured case and a 1/8" termination.  The MKE40's from Sennheiser terminate in a xlr.   The Mic Madness mics are wired or moded so they can handle high SPL's in a 1/8' two wire format.  140db's with standard 3volt PIP is remarkable.  The MKE40's from Sennheiser would have to be modded to work with a 1/8" setup.  This would be a pain in the ass and would likely be easier and cheaper to get them from Mic Madness.  Also, if you modded them yourself I think it would not have the same SPL handling.  Mic Madness is the way to go if you are using a 1/8" set up.  If you are using a 3 wire setup such as a mini-xlr or xlr then you might do better with the MKE40's from Sennheiser.   my $0.02
Neumann KM185mp OR DPA ST2015-> Grace Design Lunatec V2-> Tascam DR-100mkIII

Offline tod3sschu3tze

• Taperssection Regular
  • Tape Metal!
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 02:37:45 PM »
thanks for your answers :D oh yeah, i did not know thomanns.

well, i know several people with different opinions.
i need a setup which is quite stealthy and does not distort right in front of the pa at metal/metalcore/hardcore concerts.
of course the sound should be better than my current core sound's. they are okay, but the dynamic range is not wide enough for me i think.
many people said i should take one of these:

- MM-HLSC-1 or -2
- CSB
- SP-CMC-8 with battery box + 7 level bassfilter

what do you think?
Stealth Setup(s):

NEW ONE:

OLD ONE:

RebelRebel

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 02:45:32 PM »
I reccomend contacting Chris Church( a member here who builds stealth mics and preamps) and tell him your needs. He will make sure you are happy.

thanks for your answers :D oh yeah, i did not know thomanns.

well, i know several people with different opinions.
i need a setup which is quite stealthy and does not distort right in front of the pa at metal/metalcore/hardcore concerts.
of course the sound should be better than my current core sound's. they are okay, but the dynamic range is not wide enough for me i think.
many people said i should take one of these:

- MM-HLSC-1 or -2
- CSB
- SP-CMC-8 with battery box + 7 level bassfilter

what do you think?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.16 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com