Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: c4 VS lsd2  (Read 8631 times)

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Retired Taper
Re: c4 VS lsd2
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 09:47:48 AM »
no..the 422 is discontinued.
http://www.akg.com/products/powerslave,mynodeid,186,id,216,pid,216,_language,EN.html

edit they are discontinued...BUT there is a massive amount of overstock here...I can get you one if you want one Jeff..

just PM me. I get german mics for folks all the time.

Teddy

I have an AKG 426b, and it is by far my favorite microphone.

So I finally decided this is the bestest upgrade for the LSD2.  But AKG US says it is discontinued.  :(

By the way, Cascade (of recent Fathead Ribbon mic fame) has a single point LD stereo mic listed as coming soon.

Jeff

Hey Teddy-

I didn't realize they discontinued the 426? Or are you confirming that the 422 is discontinued?  What kind of price do the overstock mics go for?

Matt
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 09:51:41 AM »
the 426 AND 422 are discontinued..with no plans to replace the stereo mics.. >:( assholes. the one  modern mic that sounds good from that damn company, they go and kill :P

I asked about overstocked pricing, and told him to reserve me 3 just in case...he is going to email me tommorow(the austrian distro guy)

teddy

http://www.akg.com/products/powerslave,mynodeid,186,id,216,pid,216,_language,EN.html

edit they are discontinued...BUT there is a massive amount of overstock here...I can get you one if you want one Jeff..

Teddy

So I finally decided this is the bestest upgrade for the LSD2.  But AKG US says it is discontinued.  :(

By the way, Cascade (of recent Fathead Ribbon mic fame) has a single point LD stereo mic listed as coming soon.

Jeff

Hey Teddy-

I didn't realize they discontinued the 426? Or are you confirming that the 422 is discontinued?  What kind of price do the overstock mics go for?

Matt

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 10:00:06 AM »

Jeff

Having used both, no way does the AKG sound $2k better than the LSD2.
ymmv

RebelRebel

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 10:02:49 AM »
have you used the 426??

the stock 422 isnt what it could be(modded is different, like macdaddy has)..but the 426B is the absolute heat.

Jeff

Having used both, no way does the AKG sound $2k better than the LSD2.
ymmv

RebelRebel

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 10:04:47 AM »
2 426Bs left in the world..

if anyone wants one, shoot me a PM.

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 08:36:27 AM »
the 426 AND 422 are discontinued..with no plans to replace the stereo mics.. >:( assholes. the one  modern mic that sounds good from that damn company, they go and kill :P

I asked about overstocked pricing, and told him to reserve me 3 just in case...he is going to email me tommorow(the austrian distro guy)

teddy

Teddy

Jeff

Hey Teddy-

Matt

That is just RETARDED! Thanks AKG :'(
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

RebelRebel

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 08:46:21 AM »
ok...they have 3..one is spoken for..

if you want one, hit me up.

Offline Low Spark

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2006, 08:56:04 AM »
The more I run my LSD2 the more I like it. I have been looking for that low end and Ive found it. I p;ayed my wsp Macon on the PA at the club the other nite and the guy running sound couldnt believe that the recording came from that mic. It sounds real good. I cant wait to get that silver cable in my hands and broken in. I know its going to only enhance this mic.
Mics: AKG 481

American by Birth - A Southerner by the Grace of God.

I caught myself pumping the air with my fist, throwing elbows and getting down like an 18-year-old on his first mushroom trip on the lawn at Raleigh. But since every night is Saturday

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2006, 10:57:51 AM »
who ever thought 30hz would be so fucking huge sounding...
:)
granted, that is very low.  but w/most of the mics we use being full range and all...

Offline paullySC

• Taperssection Member
  • I'll stir fry you in my wok
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2006, 01:39:38 PM »
The more I run my LSD2 the more I like it. I have been looking for that low end and Ive found it. I p;ayed my wsp Macon on the PA at the club the other nite and the guy running sound couldnt believe that the recording came from that mic. It sounds real good. I cant wait to get that silver cable in my hands and broken in. I know its going to only enhance this mic.

I'm still torn between the LSD2 and Pelusos. Is there any sound issues with the LSD2 in tiny or small bars?
"If you were supposed to watch your mouth all the time I doubt your eyes would be above it."

Studio Projects C4 > PMD 660 ACM

Shows:

Offline joekar

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2006, 08:40:32 PM »
Hey Teddy,

How much are the AKG 426Bs ?.....I can't afford one, since I'm broke  :bawling:....But a man can dream  :zzz:....Thanks

Peace,
jk
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

RebelRebel

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2006, 08:49:00 PM »
Hey Teddy,

How much are the AKG 426Bs ?.....I can't afford one, since I'm broke  :bawling:....But a man can dream  :zzz:....Thanks

Peace,
jk

well, they are discontinued, but I just bought two of the last 3 for about 3,000 Euros per. there is one more left in AKG land...after that..bye bye AKG stereo mic legacy.  >:(

if you want the last one, I can get it for you..2975 EUR. I bought MY personal 426b for 2500 , but that was a steal. They used to retail for 5500 USD..

teddy
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 08:50:42 PM by Teddy »

RebelRebel

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2006, 08:57:58 PM »
brand new, direct from the factory. Never been touched.

well, they are discontinued, but I just bought two of the last 3 for about 3,000 Euros per. there is one more left in AKG land...after that..bye bye AKG stereo mic legacy.  >:(

if you want the last one, I can get it for you..2975 EUR. I bought MY personal 426b for 2500 , but that was a steal. They used to retail for 5500 USD..

teddy
is the last one brand new or used teddy?

edit: i found three more new ones, a little more expensive than 2975 euro though.  http://tinyurl.com/yesphb

RebelRebel

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2006, 09:00:16 PM »
cool!! thats a GREAT price.  +t

Yessir! I hope someone snags it! If not, i may have to get it..I dont want to see it go to waste.

Offline Low Spark

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2006, 09:22:53 PM »

I'm still torn between the LSD2 and Pelusos. Is there any sound issues with the LSD2 in tiny or small bars?

I own both Peluso and LSD2 Just getting in the rounds with both mics here in charlotte. I love them both so far the Peluso w subs is the bomb so far. A few more shows with both and ill be able to judge more.
Mics: AKG 481

American by Birth - A Southerner by the Grace of God.

I caught myself pumping the air with my fist, throwing elbows and getting down like an 18-year-old on his first mushroom trip on the lawn at Raleigh. But since every night is Saturday

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.088 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com