Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Roland R-07 Digital recording  (Read 853 times)

Offline Crown2752

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Roland R-07 Digital recording
« on: November 15, 2023, 09:13:47 AM »
Record volume set up question using  the Roland R-07. 1 - Under the "scenes" set up button you can set and change  the input record volume or 2. While the record button is flashing (pause mode) you can increase or decrease the input volume. Which method is the appropriate way to set the record volume using the BUILT IN MICS.  Thank you all in advance.
Seth

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Roland R-07 Digital recording
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 12:36:25 PM »
Set scene selection to "OFF" and setup the recorder's parameters as desired using the menu.

Adjust input gain as needed manually using the "Input" rocker switch on the face of the unit.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Crown2752

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 12:47:43 PM »
Thank you Gutbucket. I presume any input set through the SCENES is over ridden by setting the volume input on the front of the unit.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 01:25:15 PM »
Yes. INPUT control directly adjusts input level of the internal microphones and the mic/line input.

What I posted above is how most TS concert tapers would use use the recorder - manually turning limiting OFF, low cut OFF, and setting the recorded file format to whatever you want.

The various SCENES selections set a preset input level which can be further adjusted as required using the INPUT rocker control. But in addition to input level there are other pre-selected settings for each SCENE which you should be aware of if you plan to use the SCENES selector. The settings of each SCENE are detailed on page 12 of the manual.

Based on a look at the rather sparse user manual it looks like gain adjustment using the INPUT rocker provides adjustment over the entire available gain range regardless of the starting level of any SCENES preset.  That is unusual for small handheld recorders as there is typically a physical switch or menu switch to select mic-level or line-level input sensitivity.  There is also typically a way to turn plug in power to the mic input jack on/off, but I see no such mention of that in the manaul.

You can use SCENES if you like.. as long as one or more of them happen to use the specific combination of settings you want.  I'd leave it off.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2023, 11:44:51 AM »
I presume any input set through the SCENES is over ridden by setting the volume input on the front of the unit.
Yes.
I have modified some of the Scenes for my purposes which mainly are concerts, interviews and field-recording. This allows for quick recall when appropriate. It makes me comfortable that all my settings are easily (re)set for a given scenario.

There is also typically a way to turn plug in power to the mic input jack on/off, but I see no such mention of that in the manaul.
You turn PIP on/off in: Menu -> Input (mentioned in the reference guide).
The complete "Manual" comprise of:
1) Owners manual (16 pages)
2) Reference Guide (46 pages)
3) Functions Added in R-07 System Program Ver.1.10
And if you control the device with your smartphone:
4) Remote Owners Manual

https://www.roland.com/global/support/by_product/r-07/owners_manuals/
Roland R-07 -> FEL Communications Clippy EM172 Omnis or pair of RĂ˜DE Lavaliers.
iPhone 14 -> Shure MV88 or Sennheiser AMBEO Smart Headset

Offline mowkiss

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2024, 09:31:41 PM »
Thank you Gutbucket. I presume any input set through the SCENES is over ridden by setting the volume input on the front of the unit. geometry dash world
The preset input level specified by the SCENES settings can be further modified using the INPUT rocker control as needed. However, if you want to use the SCENES picker, you should be aware that each SCENE has other pre-selected options in addition to the input level.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com