Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Combiner/distributor for external batteries?  (Read 2732 times)

Offline connloyalist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Combiner/distributor for external batteries?
« on: October 20, 2014, 03:22:45 AM »
I was wondering. I use an external 20000 mAh battery for powering things like my DR-680. Recently I bought a second 20000 mAh battery because I anticipate the need to power two devices at a time (external battery powered preamp, for example).

As it is that means two devices with a battery attached to each device. Seperately.

Is there, or would it be possible to build, a device that allows you to plug in multiple batteries on one end as combined power supply and multiple power drawing devices at the other end? That way multiple batteries could share the load (or last longer) and perhaps make the logistics of powering multiple devices easier. I assume there would have to be some kind of protection to prevent multiple devices drawing too much power from too few batteries since two devices powered from one external battery probably/potentially draws too much current.

Is this a stupid, unfeasible idea or has someone already come up with something like this?

Regards, Christine

Offline Hypnocracy

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Hypnocratic Missionary
    • Hypno on teh LMA
Re: Combiner/distributor for external batteries?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 04:27:02 PM »
Yes...check the Retail section link below...H2O may still be building them.

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=143235.msg1846203#msg1846203

but...I would suggest a battery larger than 100 Watt hours...I've been considering the exact same but with 12v Lithium replacement batteries for regular Sealed Lead Acid applications...for electric bikes.

This must be heaven -- 'cause here's where the rainbow ends
If this ain't the real thing, then it's close enough to pretend

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com