Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Zoom F3 Part 2

<< < (2/26) > >>

breakonthru:

--- Quote from: roffels on September 17, 2023, 05:46:25 PM ---I picked up one of these while it was on sale, even though I already had an F6. I figured it gave me a little flexibility in case I wanted to run a rig FOB and one on stage.

I've only taken it out twice. My experience is that you can't trust rechargeable AA batteries on it - they barely made it through a gig just taking a line signal from a board, I can't imagine how fast they'd drain running phantom to power mics. The 2nd time, I had it running off a USB powerbank and running two mics - it was fine, but cumbersome. I need to test out the lithium ion (non-rechargeable) batteries everyone has been using.

--- End quote ---
they will go a lot longer due to the higher voltage. around 7 hrs with phantom

cd2go:
Yes, I've been very happy with the Energizer Lithiums, about 6.5 hours @48K powering a CCM 4 pair. I tried Duracell Optimums and got 3.2 hours, pretty good for the price; lithiums are insane lately.

mccordo:
Took my F3 out for its maiden voyage last night. I just used the Anker USB-C battery that powers my MixPre 3 and 6. The MixPre 3 with 48V on usually uses about 2/10 bars on the meter. The F3 with 48V on didn’t even use a single bar after keeping it on the entire 3+ hour show. Using a small external battery and cable seems like a good fit if you don’t mind having that in your bag or on your person.

Popmarter:
Just to add this info on the right places.

I used the Zoom F3 now several times with the Schoeps MK41 > Nbob Actives > Baby Nbox > Zoom F3 setup. The Zoom has 4 input settings (Line, Line 48+, Mic, Mic 48+). The Baby Nbox is there to power the Schoeps mic. Therefore you should NOT use the Phantom Power on the Zoom, so that leaves the MIC (minus 48+) or LINE in (minus 48+) as options. I have used the MIC IN (minus 48+) at some big PA concerts at DFC and it works perfect. Good levels, nothing different from a normal microphone (mic in 48+) > Zoom F3 recording. I have not used the Line In and can not comment on sonic differences.

This is gonna be crossposted on the Schoeps Team forum aswell.

mepaca:
Smokin' deal $244.99 today at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Zoom-F3-Professional-Recording-Converters/dp/B09SVN6J35/ref=sr_1_2_pp?crid=1MVNHXX598MGQ&keywords=zoom%2Bf3&qid=1696949793&sprefix=zoom%2Bf3%2Caps%2C78&sr=8-2&th=1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version