Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Custom cable to power AD20 & Church Audio BAT-2B without all the added noise?  (Read 2425 times)

Offline oscoastierob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Go tape SLM
    • oscoastierob's facebook
Looking to build a custom cable to power my AD20 & Church Audio BAT-2B from the same power runner 2300 battery without all the added noise. I built a cable with straight cable and nothing added (capacitors ect) and it was really noisy. What components should I add to eliminate the noise? This is the style cable I'm using to connect to the BAT-2B by just snapping it on like you would the 9v battery the red end was cut off and connected to the appropriate radshack adaptaplug/cables.

Like I said this worked but it was really noisey, what will eliminate that extra noise and let me be able to use this monster battery without burning through those pesky 9Vs?
Peluso CEMC-6 /CK2, CK4, CK21, CK41-> Hydra Silver XLRs-> XTC silver interconnects-> UA-5 BM2p+ mod-> SPDIF-> R4

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Looking to build a custom cable to power my AD20 & Church Audio BAT-2B from the same power runner 2300 battery without all the added noise. I built a cable with straight cable and nothing added (capacitors ect) and it was really noisy. What components should I add to eliminate the noise? This is the style cable I'm using to connect to the BAT-2B by just snapping it on like you would the 9v battery the red end was cut off and connected to the appropriate radshack adaptaplug/cables.

Like I said this worked but it was really noisey, what will eliminate that extra noise and let me be able to use this monster battery without burning through those pesky 9Vs?

Ummm no you cant do that because there is no filtering inside the battery box to filter out the AC ripple and the built in filters in most ac adaptors suck so it will be very noisy.

Chris Church
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline oscoastierob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Go tape SLM
    • oscoastierob's facebook
I'm not plugging into an ac source. I'm plugging it into a dc battery source.. The same source that is powering my preamp, which is what is causing the ground loop noise. What I'm asking is: Is there any way to build something on the cable (perhaps in a project box) that goes in between the pre and the bat box to "filter" out the noise and still provide power from the same battery..
Peluso CEMC-6 /CK2, CK4, CK21, CK41-> Hydra Silver XLRs-> XTC silver interconnects-> UA-5 BM2p+ mod-> SPDIF-> R4

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
I'd pick up some rechargeable 9v's if I were you. Easier & less bulky.
TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com