Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: What is a "CRC" in EAC? Also, read/write offset questions.  (Read 5396 times)

Offline fuck you

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
What is a "CRC" in EAC? Also, read/write offset questions.
« on: December 14, 2003, 11:47:46 PM »
Hello,

Okay, I think I got the offsets right on the EAC program for both of my drives.  ;D

However, with the correct offsets each drive provides a different "CRC" for the same track ripped from the same CD from each drive.
::)
Is this suppose to happen?

BTW, is it bit perfect to go with the read/write offset value on my CD-R drive instead of seperate read and write offsets?  

My CD-R burner is not compatable with EAC, for some reason.  I have to use my EzCD Creator program to make audio CDs.

The read/write offset on my CD-R is +262.  The actual write offset listed on the EAC tutorial page for my drive is +6.  Read is +286.

With extracting audio CDs with my read/write set at +262 will it still make bit perfect audio CD-Rs with EzCD CReator?

???

Darren
(I will get a Plextor CD-R burner with my next PC so I will not have to go through this trouble again.)

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
Re:What is a "CRC" in EAC? Also, read/write offset questions.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 08:21:01 AM »
Are you running the newest Version of EAC? And have you run the set up wizard? Normally I don't use any wizards. But it makes it really easy to set up the offsets. Try that, I don't use EAC much these days. but I have installed and used the wizard on 3 different PC's and it worked every time.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

BobW

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 11:16:49 PM »
CRC is Cyclical Redundancy Check. A mathematical verification of the digital file's length and bit-accuracy. With Audio, the files may vary a tiny bit and give different CRCs. The Bit offset minimizes the start/stop time variances on the CD-R Drive, but should not affect sound. If an extraction passes EAC, be happy.t is a very stringent test of Rip quality.

If you are archiving, Use FLAC or SHN, and you will have data files which are easier to keep verified (FFPF or MD5)

Offline fuck you

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 12:22:13 AM »
CRC is Cyclical Redundancy Check. A mathematical verification of the digital file's length and bit-accuracy. With Audio, the files may vary a tiny bit and give different CRCs. The Bit offset minimizes the start/stop time variances on the CD-R Drive, but should not affect sound. If an extraction passes EAC, be happy.t is a very stringent test of Rip quality.

If you are archiving, Use FLAC or SHN, and you will have data files which are easier to keep verified (FFPF or MD5)

Thanks for the info.   :)

Darren

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.1 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com