Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SBD headphone jack to JB3  (Read 1340 times)

Offline cyfan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • It's not personal
SBD headphone jack to JB3
« on: January 27, 2005, 11:06:44 PM »
I shied away from doing a soundboard patch at a club because the only soundboard out was a stereo headphone jack.
I had a 1/4 to mini I could have run straight into a JB3. Or I could have run a 1/4 split to R/L RCA jacks and run them into a UA5, then into the JB3 with the optical.
Anybody have good/bad experiences patching soundboards from one stereo 1/4"? Should I use the UA-5 route? Or should I avoid it altogether and run mics?
My concern is I'll really wind up with a mono feed.
At this venue, I'd be taping a guy with a guitar with line in to the soundboard from the stage, so the soundboard mix most likely wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks,
tim
Superlux HK8 > Edirol UA-5 > JB3
Multi-tracker: Fostex VF 160 EX

Offline neumannkid

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Shows Ive taped on the archive
Re: SBD headphone jack to JB3
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 11:13:35 PM »
IF you take a feed from the SBD always use the UA-5>JB3. Ive done it 4or5 times and have always had good results regardless if its a mono feed or not.

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
Re: SBD headphone jack to JB3
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 12:44:37 AM »
I shied away from doing a soundboard patch at a club because the only soundboard out was a stereo headphone jack.
I had a 1/4 to mini I could have run straight into a JB3. Or I could have run a 1/4 split to R/L RCA jacks and run them into a UA5, then into the JB3 with the optical.
Anybody have good/bad experiences patching soundboards from one stereo 1/4"? Should I use the UA-5 route? Or should I avoid it altogether and run mics?
My concern is I'll really wind up with a mono feed.
At this venue, I'd be taping a guy with a guitar with line in to the soundboard from the stage, so the soundboard mix most likely wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks,
tim

when you plug your headphones into a stereo headphone jack do you always assume it's gonna be mono?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.109 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com