Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audix 1290>PS2 power WTF?  (Read 1498 times)

Offline timewasajoke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Audix 1290>PS2 power WTF?
« on: February 10, 2006, 01:17:28 AM »

i have run my 1290's powered by the Denecke PS2 for a few shows now and after about 10 min of recording the red LED low battery light comes on. I only seem to be able to power the misc for no more than an hour and a half before the power fails altogether. 

Is this normal for this combo? i have tried multiple brands and types of battery and nothing seems to improve my power issue.

Anyone have any suggestions on what compact power supply can get me at least 3 hours of use and without a battery warning light coming on so soon?

Thanks for any help offered. i searched for this topic and could not find anything. if it has been discussed i apologize for the waste of BW but please point me to the thread.

Offline Zaphod

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Audix 1290>PS2 power WTF?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 10:49:17 AM »

i have run my 1290's powered by the Denecke PS2 for a few shows now and after about 10 min of recording the red LED low battery light comes on. I only seem to be able to power the misc for no more than an hour and a half before the power fails altogether. 

Is this normal for this combo? i have tried multiple brands and types of battery and nothing seems to improve my power issue.

Anyone have any suggestions on what compact power supply can get me at least 3 hours of use and without a battery warning light coming on so soon?

Thanks for any help offered. i searched for this topic and could not find anything. if it has been discussed i apologize for the waste of BW but please point me to the thread.

Yeah the Audix's are really power hungry mics, you'll definetly want to get some kind of RC battery pack to run your PS2, search the archive, I'm sure there is info on how to do it yourself.
we are the people the rescuers will never find

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com