Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sync help needed (also: arrrrghhh I give up)  (Read 8998 times)

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
Re: Sync help needed (also: arrrrghhh I give up)
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2011, 10:26:42 PM »
Instead of starting a new thread I'll keep this guy going:

I've been trying for a while now but can't get two sources aligned in Audacity.  The one source I keep adjusting seems to speed up during the middle and slow down sometime by the end.  I start the two sources synced then there's a considerable difference around the middle (almost a second off) then its almost realigned by the end...any idea on whats causing this or how to go about fixing it?

When I started the two sources were a full 10 seconds off by the end (from using two separate iRiver H120s) and I've got it close but can't seem to figure out this speed up/slow down issue.

Thats messed up...

My only suggestion is to find out where it changes speeds in the middle from acceleration to deceleration and chop it there and do two separate speed changes.

Don't use the recorder that produced that for mixes anymore is the only other thing I can think of.   :P

OH! eta:  I don't know anything about the mechanics of this stuff, but for what its worth I was running digital into one of them (from a UA5) and analogue into the other from a CA 9100 if the ADC part of the chain might throw things off.

it's ultimately the ADC clock that throws stuff off.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline achalsey

• Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Sync help needed (also: arrrrghhh I give up)
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2011, 03:35:43 AM »
It was kind of a pointless mix so I don't think I'm going to bother dealing with it, but just ran a really easy matrix from the same two recorders tonight (both analog in) so it must be a weird ADC thing.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com