Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-09 release information  (Read 110301 times)

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
Re: Edirol R-09 release information
« Reply #315 on: July 11, 2006, 11:22:25 PM »
I would offer to start this, but I don't have one yet (I am thinking it is time) and would be tough with out the unit.

Would anyone be willing to start a small FAQ thread on the R-09 so that just the quality and pertinent information on the unit is maintained and kept up to date at the top of the thread?

(If anyone wants to donate a unit to me, I will gladly maintain the FAQ for life  ;D)

Greg

Offline Myran

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #316 on: July 12, 2006, 05:22:31 AM »
I can tell you guys that i also recorded a 4 gb file 24/44.1, and it opens fine i Audition 2. :)

This is getting better and better.

Offline divamum

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #317 on: July 12, 2006, 08:50:00 AM »
I can tell you guys that i also recorded a 4 gb file 24/44.1, and it opens fine i Audition 2. :)

This is getting better and better.

You're not kidding. It's becoming clear that long record times WILL be reliably possible, and that was my only real reservation about this unit (well, that and the fact that it'd be nice to have 24/96 if only so I don't have to upgrade again in 2 years when that becomes the norm!  But tha'ts not a deal-breaker at this point).  I can see I'm going to have to start selling off some stuff to finance one of these...

Has anybody given the built-in mics a serious spin?  And how does the built-in pre compare to something like an MM6K?
(Apologies if I've missed discussion of these points - I try to keep up, but there be a whole lotta posts on the R9 threads!  Just point me to previous posts if appropriate....)
DPA4060
R09

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #318 on: July 12, 2006, 09:36:20 AM »
Odd, my little Compaq laptop with a built-in card reader won't recognize the Trancend 4GB card.  The LED lights when the card is inserted but that's all.  It reads the 64MB card that came with the R-09 just fine. This is a problem as that is supposed to be my 'card offloading machine'. 

No problems reading the Trancend card on my Dell at work with a plug-in thumb drive card reader or via the USB cable connection.  I've formated the card using the Dell and thumb drive.  The R-09 can read & write to the card fine too

I didn't have the USB cable or thumb drive reader at home to try on the laptop last night so I'll try those this evening & see if I can get the Compaq to read the card that way.  I remember mention of a utility to fix the card size if windows does not recognize the full capacity, but the machine doesn't seem to see the card at all so I doubt that's the issue.  I'll look on the Trancend site in anycase.

Anyone else having issues reading the Trancend 4GB card on some machines/readers?

musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #319 on: July 12, 2006, 10:51:44 AM »

Anyone else having issues reading the Trancend 4GB card on some machines/readers?

that's got nothing to do with it being a Transcend card, and everything to do with your reader being long in the tooth.

see if there's a chipset driver update available for your PC, that might help matters on your laptop.  other than that, just use a USB cable and a newer reader and you'll be good to go.

Offline brn2rn

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #320 on: July 12, 2006, 11:50:24 AM »
I can also confirm a full Transcend 4gb card with a single file at 24/48 recorded with the bulit in mics.
No problems to read the file either from the r-09 or from cardreader.

Happy happy to say the least!!!

Offline Rick

• Trade Count: (1)
    • My Recordings
« Reply #321 on: July 12, 2006, 02:07:58 PM »
Well I just ordered my R-09 and 4GB Transcend Card  ;D

I thought I remember these being $79 at one time. But @ newegg the 4GB cards are $95.99 - $30 Rebate = $65.00
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 02:34:09 PM by Rick »
Retired Taper

Offline gewwang

« Reply #322 on: July 12, 2006, 02:30:22 PM »
Make sure you get that rebate submitted as soon as possible. I was out of town for 2 weeks when mine showed up and missed the 'within 14 days' period to get that thing submitted.

Offline Rick

• Trade Count: (1)
    • My Recordings
« Reply #323 on: July 12, 2006, 02:32:30 PM »
Make sure you get that rebate submitted as soon as possible. I was out of town for 2 weeks when mine showed up and missed the 'within 14 days' period to get that thing submitted.

It's already filled out... Just need the UPC :D
Retired Taper

Offline sleepypedro

« Reply #324 on: July 12, 2006, 02:38:08 PM »

me too.   ::)  oh well!

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #325 on: July 12, 2006, 03:10:19 PM »
They count on people like us ( I am awful with rebates) to not send in that shit.  Entice us and hope we dont take advantage of said enticement.

I would again like to thank everyone who has put up great information on the r09!  Freelunch, Sleepypedro, gewwang, gutbucket, and others....sorry if I forgot anyone.

dd

Offline Sverre

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #326 on: July 12, 2006, 06:13:45 PM »
This is excellent news! And it probably means that the R-09 will record continuously on other SDHC sizes (6 - 32GB once they become available) as well :D

I think my local Edirol dealer has the R-09 in stock, so it's very tempting to just buy one right away, but I can't decide whether I should wait and see if it will be modded like the R-1 first...

Offline flintstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #327 on: July 12, 2006, 10:07:09 PM »
The R-09 is not SDHC-compliant.  So flash memory cards with capacity greater than 2GB will exhibit odd behavior (like not being able to show how much space on a 4GB card is available for new recordings).  For example, the Transcend 4GB card has to be formatted on a computer.  The R-09 can't deal with 4GB of space.

It will take a major firmware upgrade to add all the features of SDHC to the R-09, so I don't expect is any time soon.   We should be glad, since much of the SDHC specification deals with digital rights management.  DRM "features" just about killed the Hi-MD minidisc format.

Flintstone

Offline blindowl

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #328 on: July 12, 2006, 10:33:09 PM »
Anybody know where I can buy an R-09 immediately with no wait list or backorder? 

Offline gewwang

« Reply #329 on: July 12, 2006, 11:30:30 PM »
My second 4 GB file ended up being 4,040,963KB and 239:27.65 according to file mgr and cdwav.

Now I'm not able to save a clip of it like I did with the first in cdwav using splits. Has anyone tried this and gotten a "Unable to read source file" error?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.102 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com