Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 4 channel DVD-A @ 24/96  (Read 1746 times)

Offline dogmusic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
4 channel DVD-A @ 24/96
« on: May 12, 2013, 09:08:15 PM »
I wanted to listen to my 4 channel 24/96 TASCAM DR-680 recordings on disc, and since I have an old Pioneer DVD player that plays DVD-A, I thought I'd go that route.

I also wanted a method that didn't require a lot of fiddling around or expensive software.

There were two programs used: Audacity and BURN.

I imported my 4 track recording into Audacity as two stereo tracks (#1 - piano, #2 - cello). Then I split each of those stereo tracks so I had 4 separate tracks:

piano: left channel and right channel, and cello: left channel and right channel.

When exporting them from Audacity using "Custom Mix" [changed in Preferences], I mapped them as follows:

piano left ch>Channel 1, piano right ch>Channel 2, cello left ch>Channel 3, cello right ch>Channel 4.

I then burned the resultant .wav file in BURN using the "DVD-AUDIO" setting and it played back with the piano on the front speakers and the cello on the rear ones.

The DVD player showed the file as PCM 24/96.
"The ear is much more than a mere appendage on the side of the head." - Catherine Parker Anthony, Structure and Function of the Human Body (1972)

"That's metaphysically absurd, man! How can I know what you hear?" - Firesign Theatre

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: 4 channel DVD-A @ 24/96
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 09:50:57 PM »
cool.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com