Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Who's got the high-end surround gear?  (Read 5534 times)

Offline L Ron Hoover

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "I figure the odds be 50/50"
Re: Who's got the high-end surround gear?
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2006, 10:57:52 PM »
Both of the mains are set to large, so they take up the bass that would otherwise go to the sub. The center and surrounds are all set to small since they're only 5 1/4" speakers. Hopefully I can crank it a bit louder when I get home from work tomorrow. I did not hear any distortion. I'll have to close my eyes and listen tomorrow.

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2006, 11:12:37 PM »
Both of the mains are set to large, so they take up the bass that would otherwise go to the sub. The center and surrounds are all set to small since they're only 5 1/4" speakers. Hopefully I can crank it a bit louder when I get home from work tomorrow. I did not hear any distortion. I'll have to close my eyes and listen tomorrow.

thanks again Lee  I really appreciate it!!!

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline L Ron Hoover

• Trade Count: (0)
  • "I figure the odds be 50/50"
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006, 07:17:19 PM »
While I'm by no means an audiophile, this recording sounds very professional to my ears Matt.

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2006, 12:12:37 AM »
While I'm by no means an audiophile, this recording sounds very professional to my ears Matt.
that is mighty nice of you to say Lee.  Thank you for the compliment and for the ears.

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline taperroy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2006, 12:38:16 AM »
 dathead (and long time rads fan)  in union grove would love to run that dvd thru his boston acoustics on pro-logic !!!! would be a great thing to watch on my new 36" tv when i get it next week!

hey matt.... trade you a couple older rads advertising posters for a copy????

i think props should also go out to kenny samuels who mixes foh sound for the rads.. one of the nicest and most accessible soundmen on the touring circuit today.

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2006, 03:47:10 AM »

i think props should also go out to kenny samuels who mixes foh sound for the rads.. one of the nicest and most accessible soundmen on the touring circuit today.

I completely agree!!  Kenny is the shit. He gets good reviews here and bad for various resons, but i think all agree his FOH work = good sound and he is really great to tapers/patchers.  He and the band did ok the video, so that will be available at some point soon with the 5.1

Matt

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com