Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Speaker Tuning  (Read 2455 times)

Offline Jammin72

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Speaker Tuning
« on: April 02, 2007, 06:49:57 PM »
Inspired by Nick's System thread I downloaded a manual for the VR-2's.

http://www.vonschweikert.com/manuals/manual_vr_2.pdf

There's a wealth of information about speaker and room tuning/placement included in the owners manual.

After reading it over I have a liking for the company and will definitely be auditioning their speakers in the future.

You folks should check it out!!
Yes, but what do you HEAR?

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Retired Taper
Re: Speaker Tuning
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 06:57:15 PM »
For archive purposes, here's the VR-4 Gen I/Gen II owner's manual.  It has the same information on fine tuning your speaker setup to your room.  I had to get them to email me this since I couldn't find it on the site.
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 07:02:20 PM »
thanks...I have the manual and am definitely using it to help me get to optimum setup...was really just looking for user experiences to get me ahead of the game :P

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 07:04:58 PM »
thanks...I have the manual and am definitely using it to help me get to optimum setup...was really just looking for user experiences to get me ahead of the game :P

Sorry, didn't realize this thread was for your benefit.  I do know that I looked far & wide on here & the web for a copy of the manual I posted. 
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 07:08:54 PM »

Sorry, didn't realize this thread was for your benefit.  I do know that I looked far & wide on here & the web for a copy of the manual I posted. 

sorry was replying to jammin's post on the VR2s :P

Offline Jammin72

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 09:15:22 AM »
Wasn't calling anyone out!!  :P

I just thought it was a great Manual and folks that haven't read it should.  I wouldn't have read it if not for reading about your experience with your new toys.

I particularly like the comment on high frequencies and Metal Heads!

I think VonSchweikert's technology really applies well to the type of recording and playback that many of us do.
Yes, but what do you HEAR?

Offline bkirby

• Taperssection Member
  • Schoeps/MGs > M148/248 > SD722
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 10:43:57 AM »

Nick, I have my VR2s at about 9 feet apart and pointed straight back. They are about 2 feet from the back wall and 4 feet from the side walls. I sit about 8 feet in front of them. Haven't noticed much of a hole in the middle, but the soundstage is HUGE! YMMV though...

I also have mine spiked, but have not added any ballast yet. I am hoping to play around with buckshot once I get my floors refinished. I will report more once that is done (but may be a while)...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 03:31:28 PM by bkirby »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com