Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M Audio Flash Tracker Recorder Update  (Read 55078 times)

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My show list
Re: M Audio Flash Tracker Recorder Update
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2005, 07:07:17 PM »
BINGO!

Works like a charm.  Amazing that the Marantz guys, who knew about this problem when I called them a few weeks back, have not got this fix.

+T for sure.

Jeff

glad I could help out.  still a pain to open and resave each file, but it sure beats real-time transfers.

Offline udovdh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2005, 11:45:59 PM »
Does anyone know if this will have a remote to control recording?
Would be great, just like the Sonys have and like the upcoming Sonosax. Doubt it though.  :-\

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2005, 12:20:37 PM »
If I owned a V3 or MME or something, one of these would be in my bag.
lets see....
V3 = $1500
Maudio = $350
4gbs of flash = $400

or a 722.
take your pick.  I guess i'd go w/the 722 at this price range just for hdd space.

Offline keepongoin

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2005, 12:34:45 PM »
there is a V3 over on the oade board for 1000 bucks, nick (not mine, but i saw it there, so caveat emptor)
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2005, 12:38:11 PM »
ya know what stinks most about these...when i can finally afford to buy it, my jb3 is going to be worth like $20 cuz tapers won't want them anymore.

perhaps then i'll start using it for an mp3 player.  *shrug*

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline keepongoin

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2005, 01:03:35 PM »
i don't think this will affect the JB3 prices, really. buying into 4 GB of compact flash media for a unit like this twice the price of a JB3 still.  Maybe in a year things will be different, but if everyting works out I will have sold all of my JB3s except one of them by then. 
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2005, 01:11:50 PM »
lets see....
V3 = $1500
Maudio = $350
4gbs of flash = $400

or a 722.
take your pick.  I guess i'd go w/the 722 at this price range just for hdd space.

The 722 is definitely an option.  But if you already have a V3, you're looking at selling it used for $1000-1200 and then needing to buy a new 722 for ~$2400(?) fully equiped.  And you can get a 4gb Kingston CF for $275 (and only $150 for a 4gb microdrive, though I don't know if that works or what the battery life implications are).  

So:

new 722 after selling used V3 for $1200 = ~$1200 out of pocket cost

or existing V3 with new MAudio ($350) + 4GB CF card ($300) + 30GB OTG drive for CF transfers and increased storage ($80) = $730 out of pocket

Bottom line, if you've already got a V3 you'd like to use, the V3 + MAudio package is a lot cheaper.  Not to much terribly worse in terms of size (assuming you're doing open taping or even fob).  And then there is the sound, if you already like the V3 sound, why change to something else?  

Not at all trying to start another one of these 722 battles, but I've been going through all this myself recently and the V3+MAudio combo has a lot going for it.  Really depends on how you value different things and what you're starting point is.
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2005, 01:12:13 PM »
yeah, i'm sure i won't be the first kid on the block to have one of these, but i'm hoping to grab one by the end of the year.  hopefully the resale value on the jb3 won't drop too much by then.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline kfrinkle

• Karl Frinkle Dot Net
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2005, 01:20:08 PM »
yeah, if these new m-audio devices are all they sound like they are gonna be, my JB3s willbe delegated to glorified mp3 players from then on out.
-Karl
MBHO KA200n's > Naiant Tinybox (v2.1) > Sony PCM-M10
http://tooldriveproject.net

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2005, 01:51:04 PM »
why not just use the m-audio recorder to record at 16/44.1 if you don't feel the show is 24/96 worthy.  if you ask me, if the m-audio does a good enuf job recording and is smaller than the jb3, there's no real sense in keeping the jb3 for recording.  if the m-audio does everything its supposed to, recording to two devices seems a bit excessive to me.

however, with all those optical mod v3's floating around and the m-audio going back to coax, i think the jb3 will be come the patch rat special.

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2005, 02:04:52 PM »
I was thinking in terms of starting from scrach when I was doing my V3/Maudio vs. 722 price check.

Offline Genghis Cougar Mellen Khan

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Tin Can > Wax String > Dictaphone
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2005, 03:16:21 PM »
lets see....
V3 = $1500
Maudio = $350
4gbs of flash = $400

or a 722.

Didn't you give the R4 a good review? Same HD space, 4 not 2 channels for $1000 less than the 722.  If you're talking CF capabilities, it's a different story.
Maybe a couple of small scratches, but thats because these mics are chick magnets.
Girls always up on Andy tryin to grab these mics, the scratches are from their wedding rings.

CMC641 / DPA4022 / DPA4062>mod MPS6030
V3 / PMD671 / field ready DV-RA1000 / Oade W-mod PMD661 / PCM-M10

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2005, 03:22:25 PM »
So, in preparation for this in stealthing situations, will the TRS input be mono, stereo, or will there be 2 monos? I guess it's all speculation right now as no official announcement has been made.  I'll need to get my XLR ends down to TRS and would love to see if Marc can make somekind of interconnect.

"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline Genghis Cougar Mellen Khan

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Tin Can > Wax String > Dictaphone
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2005, 03:29:06 PM »
So, in preparation for this in stealthing situations, will the TRS input be mono, stereo, or will there be 2 monos? I guess it's all speculation right now as no official announcement has been made.  I'll need to get my XLR ends down to TRS and would love to see if Marc can make somekind of interconnect.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's a TRS input?
Maybe a couple of small scratches, but thats because these mics are chick magnets.
Girls always up on Andy tryin to grab these mics, the scratches are from their wedding rings.

CMC641 / DPA4022 / DPA4062>mod MPS6030
V3 / PMD671 / field ready DV-RA1000 / Oade W-mod PMD661 / PCM-M10

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2005, 03:32:04 PM »
Excuse my ignorance, but what's a TRS input?

think of a big headphone cable plug...thats 1/4" TRS

the water's clean and innocent

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com