Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DPA Hinting At New Product  (Read 4372 times)

Offline BlindGuyEars

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Regular
DPA Hinting At New Product
« on: August 01, 2019, 10:15:14 AM »

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: DPA Hinting At New Product
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 11:25:43 AM »
My guess is some vocal mic that won't be useful for what we do.
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 12:45:01 PM »
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline John Willett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 08:01:57 AM »
I'm going to IBC in Amsterdam in September so, no doubt, they will be showing it/them there.  :coolguy:

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 09:28:00 AM »
I wouldn't get your hopes up.  Last time they did this, it was a very task-specific product that didn't have much relevance to what we do.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline voltronic

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 09:35:45 AM »

I just watched all the promo videos, and all clues point to a live vocal mic.  They are interviewing FOH engineers, so you know it's probably not intended for recording.  The one guy mentions how he can move all around the mic and that it has even off-axis response.
- Gustav Mahler

Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 04:26:38 PM »
Unrequited personal pipe dreams:

Core 4060/1 with removable-cable (microdot connector at rear of capsule)

Miniature Core bi-directional

A Mid/Side boundary-layer "puck" incorporating the aforementioned miniature-bidirectional + either a 4060/1 or 4098 supercard Mid, mounted in a BLM6000 boundary mount, atop a d:vice.  Tight!

8 channel d:vice (powered by USB battery)

May your unabashed idealistic dreams occupy the sweet-spot in the concert venue of your imagination! :cheers:
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 04:12:39 AM »
A Mid/Side boundary-layer "puck" incorporating the aforementioned miniature-bidirectional + either a 4060/1 or 4098 supercard Mid, mounted in a BLM6000 boundary mount, atop a d:vice.  Tight!
...(snip)
May your unabashed idealistic dreams occupy the sweet-spot in the concert venue of your imagination! :cheers:

I WANT A "PUCK!!!"
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 05:34:39 AM »
https://www.dpamicrophones.com/handheld/2028-vocal-mic

2028 vocal mic, a cheaper, nonmodular version of 4018V

im pretty sure these use the miniature capsules like the 2006 and 2011. this would be the first directional cap in that series to use pressure gradient instead of interference tube for directionality

it would be cool if they make those caps in a modular version so the 2000 series can have a supercard pressure gradient option

i was told that they are working on full series of 2000, 4000, and 6000 series to suit all markets. the 2000 series of the 4060s will be most interesting, as will the 6000 series versions of the 4011s, etc
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 05:41:08 AM by jerryfreak »
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline voltronic

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 06:50:31 AM »
https://www.dpamicrophones.com/handheld/2028-vocal-mic

2028 vocal mic, a cheaper, nonmodular version of 4018V

im pretty sure these use the miniature capsules like the 2006 and 2011. this would be the first directional cap in that series to use pressure gradient instead of interference tube for directionality

it would be cool if they make those caps in a modular version so the 2000 series can have a supercard pressure gradient option

i was told that they are working on full series of 2000, 4000, and 6000 series to suit all markets. the 2000 series of the 4060s will be most interesting, as will the 6000 series versions of the 4011s, etc

Welp, we called it!
- Gustav Mahler

Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2019, 10:10:23 AM »
this would be the first directional cap in that series to use pressure gradient instead of interference tube for directionality

I'm pretty certain all the DPA directional caps which incorporate interference tubes are pressure gradient microphones, which additionally incorporate short interference tubes to improve pattern control at high frequencies.  That's partly because I'm unaware of any another fundamental arrangement able to maintain directional pattern in the the low-frequency through mid-frequency range.  The length of these short interference tubes makes them ineffective at pattern control below 5kHz or so, perhaps even higher.

My 4098H mics have a small rear vent on the rear of the mic body in addition to having the short interference tube grids.  Although it does not appear that the 2011 has a traditional rear vent opening, I suspect the actual diaphragm location may be somewhat forward of the where the venting down the side of the microphone terminates.  In other words, I suspect there is an internal rear vent behind the diaphragm location and this is not visible from the outside of the microphone.  I've not had one in hand to examine though, and although I've searched photos of 2011 to try and find one with enough backlighting through the side vents to show the works inside, I've been unable find one.  Nor have I been able to find online any good technical description of the design.

This should be interesting.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2019, 10:36:38 AM »
This should be interesting.

Very interesting indeed. I am not entirely sure what it means, though. Isn't the 2000 series of the 4060 the 2006? And aren't the 6000 series miniatures? It is hard to imagine a 6060 sized cardioid being anywhere near a 4011 in performance...

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2019, 11:10:14 AM »
As it was explained to me they are coming out with cheaper lavs as well to better compete with sennheiser and shure. Some components to be made in China with gore tech still in Denmark factory.

2000 4000 and 6000 seem to refer to cost and not necessarily size?

2000= budget
4000= standard
6000= premium (or specialty? 6060s aren’t really ‘premium’ to 4060s)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 11:14:56 AM by jerryfreak »

Offline voltronic

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2019, 01:22:48 PM »
As it was explained to me they are coming out with cheaper lavs as well to better compete with sennheiser and shure. Some components to be made in China with gore tech still in Denmark factory.

2000 4000 and 6000 seem to refer to cost and not necessarily size?

2000= budget
4000= standard
6000= premium (or specialty? 6060s aren’t really ‘premium’ to 4060s)

6000 are not premium; they are just a bit smaller than the 4000 (though not any cheaper).

Looking at their full-size mics, 2000 are the lower-cost mics (that use multiple mini capsules) and 4000 are the flagship 1/2" and 1" condensers.
- Gustav Mahler

Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.098 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com