Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Syncing audio with video  (Read 26061 times)

Offline xjsb125

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • An Our Lady Peace Fan Forum
Re: Syncing audio with video
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2017, 11:01:29 AM »
It's always better to time stretch your video rather than the audio. If you are doing more than one camera you can sometimes use cuts between shots to compensate for the time differences, rather than stretching or compressing the video. Like it was said above, stretching or compressing (in the sense of time) the audio often results in a distorted sound.
"I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die. So let me live my life, the way I want to."

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2017, 08:26:13 AM »
Like it was said above, stretching or compressing (in the sense of time) the audio often results in a distorted sound.

I've stretched or compressed audio at least a thousand times while syncing in with video and never have had a problem.  Not to mention, when you're dealing with old analog sources, quite often the audio doesn't run at the correct speed.

If stretching a two hour audio recording a fraction of a second distorts it - you're likely doing something wrong within the software program.
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline if_then_else

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2017, 09:50:38 AM »
In many cases you'd have to correct both time **and** pitch. Depending on the source material, one algorithm might work better or worse than the other.
E.g. I found Elastique Pro to work better on droney or psychedelic music than the built-in timestretching algorithm of my DAW.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com