Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Modding the AKG T-Bar...

(1/2) > >>

Nick in Edinboro:
I'm curious how to go about modifying this so I can run different configs..

I remember that at www.scitaper.com there was a nice image but I can't find it now!  

I have the general idea, I want a small piece of PVC perhaps, and a long screw and bolt.. but what I'm not exactly sure on is how long the screw should be, or rather how much higher the one side should sit.

I just got my mic's (small diagaphram) and will be using AT8410a mounts...

Yay to new gear!  :coolguy:  

DaryanLenz:
You want at least two or three inches in order to run both mics vertical (ie. one on top of the other).  Check the archive section, I am pretty sure it is there.  The other option, which is the one I use after trying the DIY method, is to buy the atlas LO2-B extention tube, which I personally think is the better option anyway!

Daryan

silentmark:
Can't you just run one shock mount "upside down" ?  :thinking:

Nick in Edinboro:
Dooood... that just might work :D  Thanks mark!  Whoever  said that your good for nothing wasn't telling the whole truth ;)

I'll try that when I get home.. I don't really want to buy anything else right now.. El broke-o...

jessedscott:
I believe that  Matt(wp420247) did something like this to his T bar. YES you can turn one side upside down. He took a longer screw, and some PVC pipe and made it so he could run different configs. So the one side of the bar is spaced more. I'm sure you get the picture.
JDS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version