Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: nomad Jukebox 3 ??  (Read 4120 times)

Offline Taylor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
nomad Jukebox 3 ??
« on: July 23, 2003, 12:12:03 PM »
Ok what is the deal with the JB3? you can record wav files so no mp3 but it's not digital? right.  and is there anyway to patch one of these or would you need the set up to record with this thing?  thanks in advance
Taylor ???

DaryanLenz

Re:nomad Jukebox 3 ??
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 12:15:37 PM »
You need an coax to optical convertor to patch.  The line in is also a digital optical in.  Yes it records in .wav.  Do a search, there should be lots of information here.

Daryan

Offline The Rev. Bigbill

• Taperssection Member
  • SEXY TIME
    • the hedgehog
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 03:12:52 PM »
doesn't it drop bits though?
This Lebowski, he called himself the Dude.Now, Dude, that's a name no one would self-apply where I come from. But then, there was a lot about the Dude that didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. And a lot about where he lived, like- wise. But then again, maybe that's why I found the place s'durned innarestin'.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 03:13:40 PM »
doesn't it drop bits though?

according to folks that have used it they dropped bits (which I believe was proven) are not audible...

Offline The Rev. Bigbill

• Taperssection Member
  • SEXY TIME
    • the hedgehog
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 03:18:06 PM »
dropped bits sre dropped bits I want bit for bit which is why i use digital in the first place,  never md, never mp3. no comprimises. That's just me though.

If you tranferred from one jb3 to another to a third and so on at what point would dropped bits become a problem?

also there are people who swear you can't tell the difference between 24/96 and 16/44.1  and I know that's not true
This Lebowski, he called himself the Dude.Now, Dude, that's a name no one would self-apply where I come from. But then, there was a lot about the Dude that didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. And a lot about where he lived, like- wise. But then again, maybe that's why I found the place s'durned innarestin'.

Offline Nick in Edinboro

• Wishes he was fishing right now...
  • Toshiba SD3690 > HK AR-20 > B&K ST-140 > Axiom M22
    • moepics.com - share your shots of moe.
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2003, 03:27:01 PM »
dropped bits sre dropped bits I want bit for bit which is why i use digital in the first place,  never md, never mp3. no comprimises.

Talk about an argument that has been hashed, rehashed, then mashed and diluted to a fine powdery dust..  :)

I tend to be in the camp that believes that when the problems associated with the JB3 are put head to head with the problems associated with DAT's (misloads, errors, incompatibility/changes when played in different deck, etc) they wind up being near even in terms of reliability.

Search around Oade's forum, this has been around the bush and back a few times..
Oktava MC012's (dorseymod) > UA-5 (digmod) > JB3
http://braintuba.no-ip.com

Offline The Rev. Bigbill

• Taperssection Member
  • SEXY TIME
    • the hedgehog
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2003, 03:29:36 PM »
I never go to oade board anymore so i would not have seen it but i will check it out. thanks

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2003, 04:41:05 PM »
just hold out a little longer, some good portable HD solutions are coming soon
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com