Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Powering MT24/96 from the mains  (Read 2426 times)

Offline godbluff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Powering MT24/96 from the mains
« on: October 22, 2006, 05:00:41 AM »
I'm going to be recording several bands at a UK convention next month from the soundboard using a Microtrack 24/96. Does anyone know if it's okay to operate the recorder while plugged into the mains? There's no way the internal battery is going to stand up to that amount of recording and there won't be time for a recharge between sets. I used to do this with my old JB3 but haven't seen anything regarding whether it's possible with the MT24/96. Any help appreciated.

Col

Offline svenkid

• Needs to get out more...
  • Take Time to Listen!
Re: Powering MT24/96 from the mains
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 04:56:31 PM »
suggest getting a 9.6v external battery pack and a few 8g compact flash cards. Or just use the jb3.
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 05:34:42 PM »
Does anyone know if it's okay to operate the recorder while plugged into the mains?

Yes, using the MT2496 while plugged into the mains will work fine.  If you don't have access to mains power, there are plenty of portable external DC power options, like the 9.6v battery pack svenkid mentioned, that will provide long run-times.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline godbluff

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 06:17:41 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I do have access to mains power so that's the way I'll go this time although I'll be getting an external battery pack shortly as well.

Col

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 06:51:37 AM »
I'm going to be recording several bands at a UK convention next month from the soundboard using a Microtrack 24/96. Does anyone know if it's okay to operate the recorder while plugged into the mains? There's no way the internal battery is going to stand up to that amount of recording and there won't be time for a recharge between sets. I used to do this with my old JB3 but haven't seen anything regarding whether it's possible with the MT24/96. Any help appreciated.

Col

Actually there IS an external battery solution for recording days of festivals with MT shown at: www.sonicstudios.com/batsys98.htm#mt4
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com