Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO: DAVE MATTHEWS BAND TAPERS!!!!  (Read 3122 times)

Offline DatJoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
ISO: DAVE MATTHEWS BAND TAPERS!!!!
« on: October 15, 2003, 12:46:53 PM »
Hello fellow rig schleppers- I wanted to know if anyone out there has info on taping DMB shows and how you go about getting taper tickets?? I plan on catching the Key Arena DMB/Trey show and I want to learn the protocol to do so. Can anyone help me out?? The website says nothing about it.

HELP!
joe from Seattle

Offline mterry

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • recordings
Re:ISO: DAVE MATTHEWS BAND TAPERS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 01:13:09 PM »
You don't need a tapers ticket for "DMB" shows. As how they will approach the situaution this winter, I can not say. Just get as close as you can get to up front, as that's where most tapers for DMB will be. And I guess they will be running a stereo mix for this tour(?) so if that's the case, go for either the left or right side of the stage. Best of luck.....
"That's deplorable, unfathomable, improbable!"

"Then we played Davidson, and they wore us out. Davidson controlled us - other than Kentucky - as well as any team all year long"
- Bill Self on PTI (2/28/11)

DPA 2012 > Apogee Mini-Me > Tascam DR-100mkIII

Offline joeshambro

• Taperssection Member
  • taper turned professional FOH mixer
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 01:14:08 PM »
You don't need tapers tickets.. DMB has one of the most liberal and generous taping policies out there right now...

You can tape from your seat anywhere in the venue.  If you're in the centered section, you're restricted to head-height because of the cameras in the middle.  However, the Dave & Friends tour may have a different video setup, but generally this is the rule.

The preferred way to get a good tape is stack taping since it's a mono mix.  Get a good seat near the stack, run high, and you're golden.

Tapers seats used to be availible via the Warehouse (fan club), but I haven't seen that option for a while.. they put you right behind the board (which was, in shed shows, a stellar view and sound, imho)...  

Also, esp. for the indoor shows, dont' raise your stand until the band comes onstage.. The only times I've had people complain about my stand was the indoor shows when I was high up before the lights went down, and they can actually see the half inch of piping that they claim is blocking their view... once the show starts noone usually cares.

The taping policy is located under the "Legal" portion of their website..

Enjoy!

Offline mterry

• Trade Count: (10)
    • recordings
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2003, 01:17:12 PM »
Thanks Joe......There is all the info you need DatJ.
"That's deplorable, unfathomable, improbable!"

"Then we played Davidson, and they wore us out. Davidson controlled us - other than Kentucky - as well as any team all year long"
- Bill Self on PTI (2/28/11)

DPA 2012 > Apogee Mini-Me > Tascam DR-100mkIII

Offline DatJoe

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2003, 01:26:59 PM »
Thanks guys...it sounds like  the Allmans policy- tape from your seat thang. That's great, so I'll just plan on getting a GA ticket? Or do his Indoor shows have seating assignments...just curious.

joe

Offline teamakg

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2003, 01:32:54 PM »
Thanks guys...it sounds like  the Allmans policy- tape from your seat thang. That's great, so I'll just plan on getting a GA ticket? Or do his Indoor shows have seating assignments...just curious.

joe

right now tickets are only available through the fanclub.  they go onsale to the public in the beginning of november.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2003, 02:36:37 PM »
they will have seating assignments....no GA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com