Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Gear bag/transporting everything?

<< < (5/5)

ts:
I wrapped my CP4 boxes with duct tape and stuffed them in a back pack. No problems.

Gutbucket:
After moving to the Zoom F8 a few years back I reworked my rig and now carry everything in a single zippered shoulder-strap bag, except for a large stand when needed.  The recorder, battery, and other stuff requiring easy immediate access lives in the single front zippered pocket.  I cut a hole that leads from that pocket into the main section of the bag, through which passes a tech-flexed snake consisting of 8 mic channels (actually 9, including one extra not currently in use) that runs to the foldling/telsecopic array of microphones which get stowed in that section.  Everything except the mounting stud spigot on the central hub supporting the folding/telescopic arms to which the microphones in Movo windscreens are semi-permanently fixed remains hooked up at all times.  I can carry a folding foot, a couple extension arms, and a superclamp under a false floor in the main section (any of which can connect directly to the central mounting stud spigot), along with gaffer tape, a bag of earplugs and whatever else needs to go in the main section separated by a couple velcro attached soft wall sections at each end.

I've long carried the rig fully prewired like this, but used to do so using two separate bags- one housing the recorder, battery and other gear, and the other stowing the attachment hub with the folded telescoping arms and attached microphones, with the tech-flexed snake running between the two.   Now the snake gets coiled in the main section of the single bag.  No more wiring running between two bags.

Have plans to further reduce the size of the rig and shift to an even more compact bag, while retaining the current general arrangement.

Have future plans to make it smaller still, but it has worked out nicely this way for the past 5 years or so.

adrianf74:
Finding myself in the same boat as Gutbucket.  I'm using a SD MixPre-6 II with 10,000mAh battery in a Sachtler Lightweight Audio Bag (Small).  Have enough room to put some XLR cables for a board feed, the Baby nBox for the actives, the mics, the Rycote mount.  If I need to bring extras like the Line Audio CM3's or another mount, I'll pack a small camera bag and bring that.  I want to travel as light as I can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version