Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

Replacing ( for r44) and or repairing my tekkeon batteries

(1/2) > >>

Taper Chris:
Subject line wraps it up. Hit me w recommendations
Also, didn't I see a post a while ago with so.e body that repairs the tekkeons?
Thanks!

fanofjam:

--- Quote from: Taper Chris on March 19, 2023, 11:15:12 AM ---Subject line wraps it up. Hit me w recommendations
Also, didn't I see a post a while ago with so.e body that repairs the tekkeons?
Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Chris:

Is your tekkeon the 3300 or 3450 version?  The 3300 don't have the USB port on them.  If they're 3300, they're simple to refurb... I'll refurb them for you for free as long as you pay for the replacement cells and shipping both ways.  I have cells.  The refurbed tekkeon's will be ugly as shit when I'm finished with them because I just break the shells open and then duct them them back together, but they'll work good as new.  They'll also have I think 40% higher capacity than the originals.  I don't do the 3450 though, because they're a pain in the ass and too much can go wrong.  When I was doing these refurbs back ten years or so ago, I had too many of them screw up after I sent them back to people and won't bother with those anymore since my goodwill just ended up being a royal pain in the ass that cost me money to fix when they fucked up later on.

Steve

jbell:
I have 2 Talentcell battiers used for two shows I was planning on selling!  They have a 9v and 12v out so they work with an R44.  If your interested send me a pm

2X2:
you guys might want to check out the "trigger cables" that pull higher voltages off of USB-C PD batteries. most can do 12V, some up to 20V

https://www.amazon.com/2-Pack-JacobsParts-Type-C-Trigger-Connector/dp/B08NTVLZH7

the cheap and common 10000 mah batteries run my preamps and adcs well over 5 hours

Gutbucket:
^ Interesting solution. How clean is the output?

Talentcell is an easy known-good solution and what I use with R-44 and other recorders.

Note: Power input to R-44 is center pin negative, which as an R-44 user you are likely aware of.  I use a polarity inverting cable between the Talentcell and R-44 which I think is intended for use with effect pedals.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version