Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Wave Lab AND/OR Time Stretch help  (Read 2900 times)

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
Wave Lab AND/OR Time Stretch help
« on: August 28, 2009, 02:33:25 PM »
OK, so I've tried everything I can find, including the R8Brain method described but I cannot for the life of me seem to get the time stretch right.  I've got wavelab but don't really know how to use it.  I've been using Adobe Audition for everything so far.  I need to stretch a file almost 12 seconds to match another file.  It seems like a lot but the file is over 3 hours long.  If anyone could hold my hand and walk me through wavelab, OR,  if anyone can explain Adobe's time stretch function that would be great.  In Adobe, If tried the dragging time stretch method but all it does is add blank space at the end of the file.  Or if there is another program out there that would be great.  As I type this I'm trying Soundforge's timestretch to see if I can't get it done.  Thanks in advance, Kirk
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 02:42:40 PM by kirkd »

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
Re: Wave Lab AND/OR Time Stretch help
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 10:34:16 PM »
in the montage window, put the cursor were you want the clip to end. right click the clip. select time stretch to cursor.

what exactly are you trying to do that you need to stretch it that much? regardless of the length, i don't thing you are going to get good results that way tho. i have no idea what the "R8Brain method" is.
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

kirk97132

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 11:04:19 AM »
Yeah but I keep having a problem loading a file into the montage.  It keeps coming up blank. 

And another update, I found the big reason this was kicking my ass.  Seems that there is a missing chunk in the one file.  That is the reason no matter what I did it always seemed off. 

I still don't understand WL.  I have 9 tracks and not a single one will load in the montage no matter what I do.  I guess I'll need to try and read up.  The files load in Soundforge and Audition just fine but not Wavelab?

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 12:08:11 PM »
Which version of WaveLab are you using? There was a version (maybe 5.00a) that did alot of strange things like what you described.

kirk97132

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 12:45:44 PM »
Which version of WaveLab are you using? There was a version (maybe 5.00a) that did alot of strange things like what you described.

Damn, Ver 5.01b.  So V5 had issues huh.  And in another thread did I read that it has to be stereo tracks only?

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 01:01:01 PM »
no you can add mono tracks. i'm not sure if you can start with a mono track, but they can be added no problem.

i have 5.00a and it works fine for me btw.  how are you trying to add the clips that they come up blank? there might be a couple alternatives.

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 01:41:53 PM »
Oh, I'm actually on 5.00a myself and no problems. It was an earlier version than that if that's possible?

kirk97132

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 01:55:09 PM »
no you can add mono tracks. i'm not sure if you can start with a mono track, but they can be added no problem.

i have 5.00a and it works fine for me btw.  how are you trying to add the clips that they come up blank? there might be a couple alternatives.

Well yeah I was trying to start with mono clips.  Tried opening it and dropping and dragging files, no luck.  I think I also tried file>open with no luck. 

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 02:05:14 PM »
ok, open it up and ignore the first track for now. open a new mono track by clicking on the 1(with the down arrow)>add mono track.  open up the track in a normal wav space. select all or a part of the file. r-click>copy. back to the montage, r-click in the new mono track>paste>add/mix. add a new mono track....

once you have the first mono track loaded you should be able to delete the stereo track.

actually, first you might want to try selecting the wave and hitting edit>created audio montage from wave.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 02:10:29 PM by admkrk »

kirk97132

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 02:21:15 PM »
ok, open it up and ignore the first track for now. open a new mono track by clicking on the 1(with the down arrow)>add mono track.  open up the track in a normal wav space. select all or a part of the file. r-click>copy. back to the montage, r-click in the new mono track>paste>add/mix. add a new mono track....

once you have the first mono track loaded you should be able to delete the stereo track.

actually, first you might want to try selecting the wave and hitting edit>created audio montage from wave.

Thanx!  I'll give it a try on the next show I mix.  Since I discovered the missing chunk I've managed to git r done in Audition.   I'll bump the threard as soon as I get it all fubared :D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com