Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Shure Mics?  (Read 2487 times)

Offline geoff piper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I regret selling my rig :(
Shure Mics?
« on: February 11, 2004, 05:24:47 PM »
I was venturing through a local guitar store today and came across their microphone selection and saw that they carried only shure and akg. But looking through their selection of shure mics I came across the sm81, ksm 109,137,141 and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them, live or studio taping. Any information would be great. Thanks guys.
Geoff

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Shure Mics?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 07:16:03 PM »
the ksm 141 rocks on the tuba live and in the studio. probably not what your looking for exactly but if you ever need to mic a tuba, try a ksm141. plus it is switchable between cardiod and omni. sm81s are used very frequently for drum/percussion overheads live. i'm sure in some studios as well. the ksm141 is apparantly the successor to the sm81.  don't know much about the 109 and 137. i'm guessing the 137 is probably very similar to the 141 but maybe cardiod only?

hope that helps,
Brian

jpschust

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 08:42:59 PM »
get in touch with wtreynol, he is running the ksm137s

Offline super-phat-al

• Vulture Shit, heard of it?
  • I am a real American
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 09:56:47 PM »
the ksm 141 rocks on the tuba live and in the studio. probably not what your looking for exactly but if you ever need to mic a tuba, try a ksm141. plus it is switchable between cardiod and omni. sm81s are used very frequently for drum/percussion overheads live. i'm sure in some studios as well. the ksm141 is apparantly the successor to the sm81.  don't know much about the 109 and 137. i'm guessing the 137 is probably very similar to the 141 but maybe cardiod only?

hope that helps,
Brian
when did you mic a tuba?  curious because i thought i was the only other person on the board who ever mentioned a tuba

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
    • LMA
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2004, 09:36:13 AM »
I ran sm81>stewart phantom boxes>sbm1 for about a year.  The sm81's were actually very good for PA recording.  I'd be happy to dig up a few tapes if you want to hear what they can do.
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Beyer mc950 / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2004, 01:21:02 PM »

hope that helps,
Brian
when did you mic a tuba?  curious because i thought i was the only other person on the board who ever mentioned a tuba

in the studio at school.  a fellow audio student was a horn player and he recomended it to me.  sounds pretty sick if you ask me.  also this student said he has used them on stage before as well.

Brian

Offline geoff piper

• Taperssection Member
  • I regret selling my rig :(
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2004, 02:07:43 PM »
Thanks for the info guys. Craig no need to go diggin, there are shows up on the archive and ive found a few others.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com