Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Saving Raw Masters  (Read 7871 times)

Offline faninor

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Saving Raw Masters
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2010, 12:19:16 AM »
I save my raw files... right now only 2 copies on identical hard drives. In the future I hope to get a third hard drive, and also keep them in separate machines. Occasionally I've gone back to the raw files after I had an edited version (mostly on shows where I mixed multiple sources that I did when I was still pretty new to taping, and the final mix wasn't as good sounding as I can do now).

The edited version I have 2 to 3 identical copies on separate hard drives. But I have another plan that is my last resort if I encounter data loss across all local copies with any of the edited versions: I try to post them online so that other people have a copy and I would try to find someone to provide a copy back to me.  ;)

Offline Scooter123

• "I am not an alcoholic. I am a drunk. Drunks don't go to meetings."
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Saving Raw Masters
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2010, 12:31:07 PM »
Sparky--

I have a 4 Bay SATA enclosure which houses the weekly (or more frequent) regular backups via an esata card and cable.

I have a cheap 4tb usb external usb external drive which backs up the back up about once a month.

I have an identical 4tb drive which backs up the 2nd back up about every other month. 

All back ups are handled via folderclone which I like to do manually, usually on Sunday.  Sunday is backup day. 
Regards,
Scooter123

mk41 > N Box  > Sony M-10
mk4 > N Box > Sony M-10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com