Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: newbie's informal poll: while taping, do you stay with your gear all show?  (Read 8567 times)

Online noahbickart

• phishrabbi
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • So now I wander over grounds of light...
This is a very informative thread. At large OTS shows, I tend to hang around the gear untill the FOB stops raising his master faders. With a couple of db headroom I flick on the "hold" button and frequently go for a stroll. Sometimes I hand out in another part of the venue with friends, etc. All this is clearly in the situation where there is a roped off section (read no wooks bumping into shit) and plenty of other tapers. I will then wander back to the section every ten minutes or so to check levels, make adjustments, etc.

However, at bars, theaters, or wherever there the TS crew is more fun to hang out with, I'm there.

-Noah  
Recording:
Capsules: Schoeps mk41v (x2), mk22 (x2), mk3 (x2), mk21 & mk8
Cables: 2x nbob KCY, 1 pair nbob actives, GAKables 10' & 20' 6-channel snakes, Darktrain 2 & 4 channel KCY and mini xlr extensions:
Preamps:    Schoeps VMS 02iub, Naiant IPA, Sound Devices Mixpre6 I
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre6 I, Sony PCM m10

Home Playback: Mac Mini> Mytek Brooklyn+> McIntosh MC162> Eminent Tech LFT-16; Musical Fidelity xCan v2> Hifiman HE-4XX / Beyerdynamic DT880

Office Playback: iMac> Grace m903> AKG k701 / Hifiman HE-400

Offline kev B

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • mmm, taping!
However, at bars, theaters, or wherever there the TS crew is more fun to hang out with, I'm there.

I wish there was more of a taping scene at the smaller shows in Philly.  :(
Oktava MC012 > digi-mod UA-5 > JB3 > SVU-1

Team Philly, Team Oktava, Team SVU-x

Offline Zaphod

• Taperssection All-Star
Well one more reason to stick with your gear:

Someone spilled whiskey all over my MD this weekend. I lost the entire second disc because it dind't write the TOC cause it was too fucked up.

But it work fine for the next night. I thought I could leave it, and I have left it many times before. It can happen.
we are the people the rescuers will never find

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
pfife- at the moment i'm almost positive i can go, however its 2am and i need to make sure of some things first.  i'll shoot you an email tho tomorrow when i find out for sure.  i see that m sord is playing too, i've heard good things about him as well.

i didn't know that about steve, i'll have to give him some of my stuff.  maybe i could even run a matrix from the board, however, i'm a little nervous about doing that since i've never tried before.  i've been meaning to do it when my friends play there, but i always chicken out.

anyway, i'm rambling, i'll let you know tomorrow tho.
ed

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
i see that m sord is playing too, i've heard good things about him as well.

Yeah, M. Sord is a total trip dude.  Not sure what you have heard about him, but he is a sick drummer.  He has 2 8-10" ampeg cabs that this other dude hides behind, and plays a synth through.  Then, M.  himself, has his kit raised up on a portable drum platform that he built, and wails while wearing a pair of those glasses that old people wear over their perscription glasses.

His music really flows... I think it's awesome!

http://www.downpeninsula.com/bands-m_sord.htm

peace.

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline mgleason007

• Taperssection Member
  • Mmmmm, yummy
    • My Bootleg List
yeah, team p-burgh is always a group effort(the way it should be), and i generally do half and half, if im at a small place and can see my stuff, i'll go drink/boogie/whatever, but if its a bigger arena show, im usually always in the vicinity!!!

Shit dude, I didn't know you lived so close to me!
Mike

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.088 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com