Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Sony PCM-D100 Part2

<< < (2/57) > >>

Amir:

--- Quote from: ilduclo on August 05, 2014, 09:10:33 AM ---I've been doing more recordings with internal mics on my d5o........ sounds like the d100's are nearly as good at the d1's, without the extra size of the d1? anyone do any comparisons from d50, d1oo and d1?

--- End quote ---
I haven't seen any comparisons with the D1, but you may want to take a look at the following for a D50/D100 mic comparison: https://soundcloud.com/sparrowsrest/comparison-recordings-made-with-the-sony-pcm-d50-pcm-d100-april-2014

ilduclo:
thanks, Amir, I will check it out

t.jay:
Hey guys,

Is it possible to use the D100 as external microphone on my Mac (for Skype talks etc.)? Does it work via USB or do I need a special cable? Thank you for your help!

Amir:
Guys, yesterday I was recording a concert via the PCM-D100 internal mics from a front-row seat. I was recording with the 48/24 setting, Low-mic continuation and the 100SNDB feature set to on. As I finished the first hour of recording and the concert entered some sort of silent mode, I stopped recording and started a new file. However, after almost 8 minutes of recording the PCM-D100 suddenly turned off, prompting me to think that I'd run out of battery juice. But when I turned it on, the recorder displayed 2 battery bars and the next recording smoothly went ahead for the rest of the concert -- another hour or so. Now, as strange as my question might sound, what do you think might have generated that problem? I have 18GB of free space on the internal memory and haven't yet resorted to using a memory card for the D100. Should this be cause for concern in future recordings?
Also -- and as a relevant issue, I'm wondering when I should consider replacing the PCM-D100 batteries. Currently it displays 2 bars, but I don't know to how many minutes/hours these remaining bars can be translated. As I'm visually impaired (totally blind), I have no choice but to ask someone to check the battery status for me -- for fear of ending up with no juice. On the other hand, getting rid of these batteries which still have some juice left might be overkill. It's a pity Sony hasn't added the option to make its recorder menus/options talk -- most Olympus LS recorders have this great feature for the visually impaired.
Thanks for your comments and insights

schoepsnbox:

--- Quote from: Amir on August 08, 2014, 11:44:01 AM ---Guys, yesterday I was recording a concert via the PCM-D100 internal mics from a front-row seat. I was recording with the 48/24 setting, Low-mic continuation and the 100SNDB feature set to on. As I finished the first hour of recording and the concert entered some sort of silent mode, I stopped recording and started a new file. However, after almost 8 minutes of recording the PCM-D100 suddenly turned off, prompting me to think that I'd run out of battery juice. But when I turned it on, the recorder displayed 2 battery bars and the next recording smoothly went ahead for the rest of the concert -- another hour or so. Now, as strange as my question might sound, what do you think might have generated that problem? I have 18GB of free space on the internal memory and haven't yet resorted to using a memory card for the D100. Should this be cause for concern in future recordings?
Also -- and as a relevant issue, I'm wondering when I should consider replacing the PCM-D100 batteries. Currently it displays 2 bars, but I don't know to how many minutes/hours these remaining bars can be translated. As I'm visually impaired (totally blind), I have no choice but to ask someone to check the battery status for me -- for fear of ending up with no juice. On the other hand, getting rid of these batteries which still have some juice left might be overkill. It's a pity Sony hasn't added the option to make its recorder menus/options talk -- most Olympus LS recorders have this great feature for the visually impaired.
Thanks for your comments and insights

--- End quote ---

Did You accidentally turn the power switch off?  This unit does NOT lock the power switch even after the hold is engaged..I taped the power switch on last
I took it out..also Tried this deck at a local bar for a friends band with the internal mics and there was all sorts of brickwalling even tho the levels were not over..shame on SONY..this deck should say FONY on it..lots of issues with this one.  Not happy at All :facepalm:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version