Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

Naiant IPA

<< < (2/53) > >>

Sebastian:
I don't really understand how phantom power works with the IPA. I was always under the impression that a balanced cable was necessary for phantom power to work, but the stereo version of IPA seems to have unbalanced outputs only. How would I connect a stereo IPA to a recorder that has dual phantom-powered XLR inputs?

Sebastian:

--- Quote from: ~Jon Stoppable on March 17, 2016, 07:35:34 AM ---You would use a Y cable (which would be impedance-balanced).

--- End quote ---

Is that just a plain cable that routes pin 2 of the IPA to the left channel's pin 2 and pin 3 of the IPA to the right channel's pin 2? Or would a small circuit be required?

I'd be interested in the IPA basically as a backup for my tinybox. But phantom power would be nice for occasionally using the "big rig". However, that only makes sense if there's a relatively cheap way for me to wire this up. Otherwise, a simple 3.5mm to dual line adapter would probably also do the job.

Also, a completely unrelated question about the battery that the IPA uses. Are there rechargeable versions of this?

yug du nord:
would this make CCM's > Sony M10 possible??

gormenghast:
I'm under the impression all you need is ( for Schoeps ) Schoeps caps, KCY, IPA, and a M10.   Is this correct?

SxPxDxCx:
I got my pair in the mail a week or so ago.  Just got a chance to use them last weekend. 
Nice easy setup and a low profile.  I think the recordings sound pretty nice too. 
Very similar tone compared to my old Littlebox. To my ear anyway.

I forgot to brink my small flathead to play with the gain adjustment. 
Looking forward to putting them through their paces in the coming weeks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version