Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

car systems

(1/2) > >>

plucks:
i am thinking i'd like to get a nicer car stereo.  I cant do it all at once due to monetary issues, but want to start somewhere.

I dont know a lot about the car systems and am hoping someone can help out with the best order to go in.
I am thinking of upgrading the face plate first to get more power sent to the speakers.  A face with a multi-band EQ would be very helpful...
SoundTrack is having a large sale and free same day installs right now.  Sounds like a good deal, but maybe not  :-\
Would this be best or would new speakers work well instead?  I can't afford a power amp or woofer quite yet.  

thanks
phil

scb:
what do you have at the moment?  depending on what you have already, you might be better off replacing speakers first

plucks:
well i replaced the face first.  It's a stock subaru system.  POS.
I got a Pioneer face/cd player that has 3 band eq, 40/50/80/120 hz HPF settings, and a whole slew of other eq options, so i think this should help out.  
$190 installed.
Speakers are next.  Best Buy has a coupon book for 30% off speakers and 20% off installs.  

Lee:
save the cash and do the install yourself... installs are a ripoff unless it's custom shite, IMHO.  Check and make sure that Pioneer has preamp outs, because you'll probably want to add an outboard amp later.

Wes:
If you've got the $$$ get a mark levinson system from your lexus dealer and install it yourself.  The system comes with head unit, amp, speakers and sub.  All designed with the audiophile on the move in mind.  

http://www.marklevinsonlexus.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version