Gear / Technical Help > Cables

Is this for real or just more snake oil?

<< < (2/2)

mfrench:
directional,...
any chance it's a shielding drain direction?
I've not read the ad, but this is a very common thing that people overlook when it comes to cables in audio.
Is there any chance of it being directional in that way?

EmRR:

--- Quote from: Moke on February 17, 2018, 09:48:43 PM ---directional,...
any chance it's a shielding drain direction?
I've not read the ad, but this is a very common thing that people overlook when it comes to cables in audio.
Is there any chance of it being directional in that way?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, like.....connecting the shield at the right end of one end only?  Sure, that barely sneaks through as directional! 

mfrench:
Its 100% directional for draining off outside interference; not barely sneaks through. This is huge distinction that is commonly overlooked.
I still don't know anythng about this cable though, as I'm a cheap ass bastard, and make most of my own gear. I'm not even intrigued with it enough to look.

fanofjam:
I'm working on a design for a filtering cable that removes the dirty electrical current from the clean electrical current.  This cable will have several diodes installed in-line to ensure that the clean current is aligned in the proper direction.  Dirty current is not good for audiophile grade equipment and may cause distortion and noise.  Special introductory pricing starts at $599...$899 for head-fi members.

EmRR:

--- Quote from: Moke on February 18, 2018, 01:28:55 PM ---Its 100% directional for draining off outside interference; not barely sneaks through. This is huge distinction that is commonly overlooked.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, it's not the thing that's thought of a special claim, it's just standard engineering practice.  It's like advertising milk that has milk in it. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version