Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Edirol R-09HR Question

<< < (3/3)

Dede2002:

--- Quote from: nak700s on August 02, 2018, 04:30:56 PM ---Thank you Dede2002.
If it is as described, and the only issue is the sticky finish, I'll deal with it and be happy I have one that works again,.  I know there are other things, like Velcro stuck to the back, but I'll either get that off or if it's just on the battery compartment cover, I can switch it with my old one.  Screen looked fine in the picture he sent me, so the next step is to record a local and controlled show to test it out.  Wish me luck  :yahoo:

--- End quote ---

Good luck! I just did this in my reply but I believe good luck is never too much!

nak700s:
Thanks (again)...and I'm glad I was able to help eliminate the sticky goo.

guitard:
This appears to be the most recent Edirol R-09HR thread, so I'm going to piggy-back off of this (hopefully that isn't too big of a faux pas).

I have owned an Edirol R-09HR pretty much since they first came out (not sure ... probably at least 10 years ago?).  I have never updated the firmware that it came with, so it is still on Ver 1.04.  This early version seems to get the job done, so I've always been reluctant to update it as it's my only recorder.  But at the same, I admittedly have often wondered ... "What am I missing out on by not updating ... anything really critical?"

So my question to the taping community - are the benefits of updating the firmware for this recorder a no-brainer? 

TIA for replies!

nak700s:

--- Quote from: guitard on May 13, 2019, 08:17:06 AM ---This appears to be the most recent Edirol R-09HR thread, so I'm going to piggy-back off of this (hopefully that isn't too big of a faux pas).

I have owned an Edirol R-09HR pretty much since they first came out (not sure ... probably at least 10 years ago?).  I have never updated the firmware that it came with, so it is still on Ver 1.04.  This early version seems to get the job done, so I've always been reluctant to update it as it's my only recorder.  But at the same, I admittedly have often wondered ... "What am I missing out on by not updating ... anything really critical?"

So my question to the taping community - are the benefits of updating the firmware for this recorder a no-brainer? 

TIA for replies!

--- End quote ---

I would imagine that there are benefits to upgrading the firmware, but honestly haven't done it myself either.  If it ain't broken, don't fix it...and all that jazz!  However, I should also say that it isn't my only recorder.  I only use mine for stealth shows.  Due to the annoying pixilation on the screen, I use it as little as possible, as I do not feel there is a better recorder to use for stealth situations...but I have several others I use for everything else.

blackcatbone:
I've found that if I partially remove the SD-Card, then push the power button, it then starts and continues (without freezing) to show the meters and shows "no-card", then I push the SD-Card fully and it then shows "Loading"... From there, it can be operated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version