Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: WTF... I need help  (Read 1405 times)

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
WTF... I need help
« on: November 08, 2004, 01:06:46 PM »
Hello All,
I have a recording I did from the wu reunion last may.  It was a mono ambient recording of Hot buttered Rum from Pastor Tims Church Service at the event.  It was impromptu, and this was the reason for mono.  The source is (single) akg 391 > ua-5(left chan) > jb3.  I have since modified the file to be 2chan mono.  I gave this recording to a guy who's son was baptised at the service so he could mix it in with his video.  He told me it sounded funny and that he renamed the files as 48k and then redid the conversion to 44.1.  This he said this fixed the problem.  I listened again, saw what he was talking about, then made the same changes and saved the files.  I posted to the archive last week http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=19450 and sombody reviewed it saying it seemed slow and distorted.  My first thought was that I never saved the revised files and actually saved my first attempt (I do believe this to be true), and so I reconverted the files again and reuploaded. 
http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=19522   The same reviewer said it wasn't any better.
     Now, I personally think this recording sounds great for a mono source.  Would anybody care to help me out on this one?  I'm stuck!

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com