Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: wavelab 5.0 tracking?  (Read 3283 times)

Offline slightlys

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
wavelab 5.0 tracking?
« on: May 11, 2005, 11:15:47 AM »
So I am tracking out my first shows on wavelab.
after I put all the track markers down and have wavelab split them in to different clips I click on each individual clip and tell the program save as new audio file.(this works perfect)
but after I have tracked the show I try and burn the .wav in Nero and it says the file is not compatible.
I check the .wav properties and it is still at 44.1khs but the bit rate is like 2200 kbs instead of the 1411 kbs that my JB3 records.
also the size of the .wav doubles before tracking the file size for the whole .wav was 499MB then after I saved the trackes to a different folder the folder size was 995 MB.
so it seem to double the size of the track when it out puts it.
how can I fix this?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 02:26:25 PM by slightlys »
Peluso CEMC6>Bumblebee MiAGi-II silver clad cables>Bm2p+ mod UA-5 >  OCM R-44

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Stomach Full of Regret
Re: wavelab 5.0 tracking?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 11:35:53 AM »
are these 16 bit shows or 24bit?

Offline slightlys

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 01:05:15 PM »
these are 16 bit shows

Offline hzgone

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 02:05:56 PM »
below the save as there is a box to make sure you bit rate and everything are correct maybe something isn't right in that.  Might want to check it out.
http://db.etree.org/hzgone
http://dead.no-ip.info

AKG 391's>MiAGi-II Silver Cables>V3>VX Pocket V2>Fujitsu 2110

on hiatus, semi retired, injured reserve, got hitched, had 2 kids, broke as hell, & my life is over patcher stage of life...

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 03:44:46 PM »
these are 16 bit shows

just use cdwav if you are tracking 16bit shows.  wavelab will give you sector boundary errors, while cdwav automatically cuts on the sector boundary.  also, cdwav cleans out all the header junk that is in there.  and, for 16bit shows, cdwav will output directly to flac, which is very nice for seeding (however, this function does not properly work for 24bit shows).

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 04:26:21 PM »
wavelab will give you sector boundary errors

not if you use the correct markers and not the "generic" yellow markers.

you need to use the red "cd start," cd end" or "cd splice" markers and you will not have sector boundary issues.
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline Scooter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 04:57:32 PM »
you may be acidentaly saving your .wavs as 32bit files instead of 16b.  I think it defaults to 32b (in certain saving circumstances) until you tell it otherwise (my version did at least).  Just make sure all the options are exactly like you want them when saving/auto splitting/batch filing etc.  And, like chris says above, if you use CD markers, and make sure that "quatize to cd frame" is checked, no boundary issues...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 05:00:53 PM by Scooter »
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

Offline slightlys

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 06:09:04 PM »
thanks for the info\help people +Ts all around!!

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 11:10:11 AM »
these are 16 bit shows

just use cdwav if you are tracking 16bit shows.  wavelab will give you sector boundary errors, while cdwav automatically cuts on the sector boundary.  also, cdwav cleans out all the header junk that is in there.  and, for 16bit shows, cdwav will output directly to flac, which is very nice for seeding (however, this function does not properly work for 24bit shows).

shntool can easily fix the SBE issues on the "rough" split tracks that come out of the editor...CDWave DOES make a final track with SBE issues

but this is easily fixable by creating a track break 5 milliseconds into the beginning of the set and 5 milliseconds before the end of the set in cdwav.  before saving the split files, uncheck the box next to the first and last track (the real tiny tracks).  the resulting tracks will have no SBE's and with the more recent version of cdwav, the numbering will be changed so that the first real track will be numbered ....01.

Offline John P

• Taperssection Member
  • sometimes a dog is as good as any man
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2005, 05:19:44 PM »
So I am tracking out my first shows on wavelab.
after I put all the track markers down and have wavelab split them in to different clips I click on each individual clip and tell the program save as new audio file.(this works perfect)
but after I have tracked the show I try and burn the .wav in Nero and it says the file is not compatible.
I check the .wav properties and it is still at 44.1khs but the bit rate is like 2200 kbs instead of the 1411 kbs that my JB3 records.
also the size of the .wav doubles before tracking the file size for the whole .wav was 499MB then after I saved the trackes to a different folder the folder size was 995 MB.
so it seem to double the size of the track when it out puts it.
how can I fix this?

Sounds like you are working out of the Montage by your mentioning of clips and the fact that it doupble in size.  The montage works with a native 32 bit flaot temp file by default (you can change it, but I wouldn't suggest that).  Make sure you are using the cd track markers as Chris K mentions.  (also make sure you tic the auto-quantize to cd frame option in the marker dialogue).

Then, when the file is all tracked out, you can select "create audio cd" to burn to disc.  Why not just burn from there?  The dialogue that pops up will guide you through the rest of the burning process.  I don't see the advantage of burning from Nero.  fyi, Nero has been known to conflict with WaveLab on some occasions.  But, I think your problem comes from not rendering from the montage.

If you are not going to flac/shn the files, just track the whole show out and burn away. 

If you want to compress the individual files, I track the show out so that it fits properly on your chosen media.  Then click cd burning dialogue, and select options (or something like that.  I am at work now)  Under the options setting you can select "save as individual files" all in one batch. That way, you can keep the original file in tact, and compress the individuals which allows you to delete the input files in your compression program if you choose.  You keep the original, have flacs of the individulas and are good to go.

Hope that made sense.

Offline admkrk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 01:08:09 AM »
these are 16 bit shows

shntool can easily fix the SBE issues on the "rough" split tracks that come out of the editor...CDWave DOES make a final track with SBE issues

but this is easily fixable by creating a track break 5 milliseconds into the beginning of the set and 5 milliseconds before the end of the set in cdwav.  before saving the split files, uncheck the box next to the first and last track (the real tiny tracks).  the resulting tracks will have no SBE's and with the more recent version of cdwav, the numbering will be changed so that the first real track will be numbered ....01.

hmmm, looks like time to upgrade.
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com