Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

newbie in serious need of help...

(1/3) > >>

bassmaniu:
I apologize in advance...but maybe someone can help..

I've scoured the boards for a few weeks now...looking through the archives and even posting a couple things...but it all seems overwhelming sometimes.

my question is...i'm planning on getting a JB3 in a month.  what is the minimum i would need between my mics (will probably start with AKG 1000 for expense sake) and my JB3...please include any cables, splitters, converters, etc...thank you for all the head clearing you will do...please keep the expense issue in mind too...thanks

Nick in Edinboro:
I'm not sure if the C1000's new come with a cable like this but all you'd need is a Dual XLR > 1/8" stereo cable (http://store2.yimg.com/I/microphonemadness-store_1745_366183).

The C1000's don't require phantom power, just a few AA's I believe (maybe a 9V).  Then you'd run line in to the JB3 until you can afford a pre-amp to go digital (such as the UA-5).  That also encompasses some new cables too (toslink from UA-5 > JB3) and two XLR mic cables.  Custom power cable to run the UA-5 externally with RC batteries..

Kindguy:
The c1000s do take 9v. You may want to get some transformers to boost the gain some.

I ran the c1000s>hosa transformers>D8 my 1st few shows. Till I bought an AD-20.

The transformers will run you about 20 bucks each. Oade can modify the cable to be rca out then you can run those >stereo mini.

wrangler_n_space:
If you are running a nomad you will need an optical cable.

I dont know if you can go xlr to optical.

You may want to lok at getting an ad-20, you can find one for around 200$. Then you will not need the transformers and you'll have an a/d and an optical out. If you have a little extra cash, get the digimod ua-5.

Nick in Edinboro:
You don't *need* to run optical, he can go analog in with XLR (2) > 1/8" stereo just fine..

Not the best option but a helluvalot cheaper then going digital for the time being..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version