Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Owning R-09 and looking for a good mic and pre set for it (Church set?)  (Read 7189 times)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Owning R-09 and looking for a good mic and pre set for it (Church set?)
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 07:42:11 PM »
Hi Chris,

thanks a lot for answering directly to my questions.

I would like tu use R-09 and not buy an MD, so is the set you are speaking about not good for my R-09 ? Nor cant't you help me with a suggestion about another set from you? Maybe not the best for both world (music & Nature) but a good compromise... in fact life is sometimes a matter of compromises :'(
Otherways...what do you think  of SP-PREAMP-11 (I know is not a your creature ;D) but you are so equilbrate that I can trust you, really I think.
All the best

I cant talk about SP products I have never owned or used them. But I can say my st-9000 would be the best choice for your application if you have to have my products :) lol... I think that your going to need all the gain you can get for nature recording you really must have two different rigs for this application I think. I would get my cardioid mics for recording the loud shows and my omni mics for nature recording they have very low self noise.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline entropia.calante

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 08:06:48 PM »
Ok Chris,
you're right about SP products from your point of view...I understand; anyway I'm thinking about your Omni as you've said: are they rhe<B-99M Stereo> sold on eBay at 129.99 ? Are they?

All the best

Maurizio

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 01:56:01 AM »
Ok Chris,
you're right about SP products from your point of view...I understand; anyway I'm thinking about your Omni as you've said: are they rhe<B-99M Stereo> sold on eBay at 129.99 ? Are they?

All the best

Maurizio

No, you want my st-11 omni mics they are $109.99 a pair and they can be purchased directly from me. Pm me for details.

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline soundpro

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 02:15:58 PM »
Hello:

If you want the performance of the SP-PREAMP-11, but need a standard, long life battery, you can use the SP-PREAMP instead:

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-PREAMP

It's also $20 less expensive and has all of the same specs.

Thanks

Chris Carfagno
The Sound Professionals

Offline entropia.calante

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 09:07:42 PM »
Thanks Chris from "Sound Professionals",  and Church too and thanks also to all other people that helped me to choose.

In fact I had a very good opportunity to buy from one of you in YARD SALE a very good setup, I think and hope:
SP-PREAMP and a pair of AT 853 mics with card caps for a good price.

I hope that your SP-PREAMP will be not noisy also at high-gain and good for recording low nature sounds.

Again all the best for now to you all and I surely will continue to follow this great GREAT Forum! ::) :D 8)

Maurizio

Offline moooose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2007, 07:21:27 AM »
Hi Maurizio,

My needs are exactly the same: recording live music and nature sounds. I bought a SP-preamp and SP-CMC4U mics. Here is my 0.2: the preamp works great both for taping music and nature sounds thanks to its two-gain-level configuration - it has a small package, works with a 9v battery and sounds good; regardings the mics, soundwise they are just great and - don't miss that - it's possible to interchange the caps with omni, subcards, hypercards and shotguns.
Another plus is the excellent Soundprofessionals' customer service - Chris Carfagno is really a nice guy and his team is committed to to the customer.

I know the budget is higher than CA's solution, but IMHO these things are worth every cent.

Just my opinion....

« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 07:24:51 AM by moooose »

Offline entropia.calante

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 06:30:56 PM »
Hi moooose,

Thanks for support...I tkink that it's OK for me as for you. 8)
Maybe when they will be here I'll post something about.

Nice recording and see you.

maurizio

Offline Ballistica

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2007, 02:10:54 AM »
I´d go for the SP-PEAMP-11 as it´s considerably smaller than the curch preamp.
Consider the SP-PREAMP-11´s 12V battery lasts for 20 hours only......but for stealthing I´d go for the SP preamp.

I see that they offer different cables with the SP-PREAMP-11...which one shoul dbe purchased?  I see the difference in size...but what is the difference between stereo, xlr, miniplug?  Do I just get the miniplug?  Why wouldn'tI get the XLR plug?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.221 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com