Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: jb3 shut down question  (Read 2151 times)

kskreider

• Trade Count: (0)
jb3 shut down question
« on: October 22, 2005, 01:44:40 AM »
I used my JB3 to stealth the other day for the first time.  First set rolled great, but at the end of the second set I pulled it out of the pocket of my fleece and noticed that it was OFF.  !!!

I checked the 2nd set file and it was about 26 minutes of a ~40 minute set.  WTF?  I had a fat ass 5v battery pack hooked up to it so I KNOW it was not a power issue.  It did feel a little warm.  Do these overheat and shut off?  Also, if I am running an external battery pack should I remove the internal battery or leave it in?

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
Re: jb3 shut down question
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 05:01:31 PM »
if the jb3 was not geting a signal it will shut itself down. perhaps you optical/line in cable was not inserted correctly or came out during recording?

My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline keepongoin

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 05:20:02 PM »
more than likely, it overheated. 

happened to me 3 or 4 times out in Lyons this last summer.
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline keepongoin

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 05:21:35 PM »
i would leave one of the internal batteries in with the external pack... in case the cable comes loose in your pocket or bag.

that would allow for a little more heat to disperse from the HDD inside the thing.  i never have the battery compartment lids on mine anymore.
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline musicsherlock

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Team Upstate New York
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 11:42:47 AM »
Kk - I've had this problem once or twice as well...could be heat, but be sure you leave the unit on Locked...I've started my rig about 25 minutes prior to a show...only to find out it shut off by itself...either lack of signal, overheat, or whatever...doesn't happen when the unit is locked.

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 11:09:13 PM »
if the jb3 was not geting a signal it will shut itself down. perhaps you optical/line in cable was not inserted correctly or came out during recording?

Interesting, I had this happen to me, I thought it my JB3 shut down due to heat...

Hmmm...  Lost about 5 minutes while on a bathroom break, maybe I jarred the cable loose checking jsut as I was leaving???

T

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com