Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Building a Pre Amp  (Read 2163 times)

Offline crunchy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
    • My List
Building a Pre Amp
« on: October 20, 2003, 11:28:23 PM »
Awhile ago there was some talk of building a pre amp. Someone posted some sites where there are schematics for some pres I took a look at some of them and tried to make sense of them, but there are still some things that are still unclear to me. I am really interested in trying this, but I dont know too much about this kind of thing. Is there any place online, or any good books that might help me get a better understanding of how these things work, and why you would add different pieces. I want to start with something simple just to get the whole process down. Then I would concentrate on making it sound good. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

-Bob

Offline DatJoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Building a Pre Amp
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 05:11:34 PM »
Here you go bro! My good friend Kirk from Sawtooth Studios built me a pre about 8-9 years ago that I use to this day and I have yet to hear a sweeter box for the $$. Here is a resource that he used/uses for building pre's. He went off of the much saught after Oade Supplies from the early 90's models- IMHO...the best pres made to date.

"The Microphone Handbook" by John Eargle (Elar Publishing, Plainview NY). Chapter IV covers "Remote Powering of Capacitor Microphones".

Good Luck!
joe

Offline crunchy

• Taperssection Member
    • My List
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 05:13:33 PM »
Thanks

Offline crunchy

• Taperssection Member
    • My List
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 03:11:44 PM »
Hey, I couldnt find the book for sale, but I did find it at a local College library. I copied chapter 4 (Remote Powering of Capacitor Mics) and 13 (Electrical Interface Considerations) along with some of the chapter about stereo micing. If anyone is interested I think I might be able to scan the copies and upload them to the archive section. If there is enough interest I'll do it.  Let me know.   -Bob

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com