Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: HD P-2 -VS-R4  (Read 11441 times)

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA bookmarks
Re: HD P-2 -VS-R4
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2007, 04:25:24 PM »
Thanks for the info and +t for going over to HSMF community board and help w/ beach ball topic and the evils.
Peace
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

Offline rowjimmytour

• My LMA bookmarks
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2007, 01:57:41 PM »
Just sold my UA5 and NJB3 and almost ready to pull the trigger. Two more questions for HD-P2 owners! First has any one tried a 16gb card yet? Second if your taping at a fest and using CF cards can you keep all your recordings on the card until they fill up w/o re formating each time?
Peace
By hatchet, axe and saw

Offline JackoRoses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • lost cause
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2007, 02:13:54 PM »
Just sold my UA5 and NJB3 and almost ready to pull the trigger. Two more questions for HD-P2 owners! First has any one tried a 16gb card yet? Second if your taping at a fest and using CF cards can you keep all your recordings on the card until they fill up w/o re formating each time?
Peace
Jason Sobel and I have ran into issues with the 16gb cards.
We have only been able to record about 7.5 gbs~ than the card gives a error.
I know Jason did email Tascam tech support on the issue and their response wasn't very positive from how I perceived it. I think we are all hoping for a newer firmware to be released in hopes it will address the issue. I haven't done any more testing on my card since I had the mishap. Still trying to dig myself out.
I'd have to dig the thread up as I don't have it bookmarked.
I don't exactly understand what you are asking on the second question, but I have created multiple projects on a 8gb card and used it, till it was about full. At least until I knew the next project would not fit on the card, I than switch to a new one. Hope this helps some.
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline rowjimmytour

• My LMA bookmarks
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2007, 03:14:40 PM »
Thanks and I +t ya for the info. I did see the post about the 16gb problem but I was hoping for some new info since the 722 users found out it works. You answered my ? w/ being able to do multi projects no problem. I was a little concerned because I noticed a lot of folks dump the cards to HD at fest and then reformat but I was not sure if I would have the $$ to this for a while. Next ? is what is the best deal on 8gb CF cards that are known to work w/ the P-2.
Peace
By hatchet, axe and saw

Offline JackoRoses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • lost cause
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2007, 03:26:54 PM »
Thanks and I +t ya for the info. I did see the post about the 16gb problem but I was hoping for some new info since the 722 users found out it works. You answered my ? w/ being able to do multi projects no problem. I was a little concerned because I noticed a lot of folks dump the cards to HD at fest and then reformat but I was not sure if I would have the $$ to this for a while. Next ? is what is the best deal on 8gb CF cards that are known to work w/ the P-2.
Peace
Yes wish I/we could give you better news on the 16gb cards, I know I'd like to hear otherwise. I have faith Tascam will address this issue before the year is over as more and more people use the cards. But until than...

I am using a transcend 8gb card (24/96 all the time) and have had very few issues. The issues are easy work arounds. (don't use the pre-fill rolling buffer) I'm not sure what the price is on them now but it was very reasonable when I bought mine.
Also I have had ran I believe up to 4 projects (all 24/96) on 1 card. I know I have done 3 (projects) with no problems at all.
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2007, 03:31:21 PM »
Peace

I like the Kingston Elite Pro 45X. They are fairly cheap and very reliable. I've never had a problem with mine. They offer faster models now, but the 45 X will do at least 24/48.

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,88099.0.html
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 03:32:59 PM by Kevin Straker »
People on ludes should not drive...
J. Spicoli

mk4,mk21>kc5>cmc6>V3>SD722

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2007, 06:07:28 PM »
Peace

I like the Kingston Elite Pro 45X. They are fairly cheap and very reliable. I've never had a problem with mine. They offer faster models now, but the 45 X will do at least 24/48.

do these work at 24/96?  I picked one up when I thought I was getting the 671.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2007, 06:24:09 AM »
Peace

do these work at 24/96?  I picked one up when I thought I was getting the 671.

yes, the 8G Kingston Elite Pro 45X works great at 24/96 in the HD-P2.  that's what my friend uses and he hasn't run into any problems

Jason Sobel and I have ran into issues with the 16gb cards.
We have only been able to record about 7.5 gbs~ than the card gives a error.
I know Jason did email Tascam tech support on the issue and their response wasn't very positive from how I perceived it. I think we are all hoping for a newer firmware to be released in hopes it will address the issue. I haven't done any more testing on my card since I had the mishap. Still trying to dig myself out.
I'd have to dig the thread up as I don't have it bookmarked.

here is the thread:
http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,87480.0.html
to sum up, the 16 gig card formats just fine and is fully recognized.  but the unit just locks up as soon as you try to record past 8 gigs.  I have called Tascam tech support about it, and after getting the run-around there, I spoke with the tech support manager over there.  He told me that he was going to relay the information to the engineers.  He then told me that either he would get back to me or one of the engineers.  that was a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't yet heard anything back.  I've left two voicemail messages for the guy that I spoke with, and he hasn't returned either call.  a bit discouraging at this point, but I'm still hoping that the issue can be reasolved fairly easily with a firmware update.  in the meantime, I've used the 16 gig card plenty of times at shows (at 24/96), and I just be sure not to fill it up more than half way.  since most shows I tape are around 3 hours, and the 16 gig card gets 8 hours at 24/96, it hasn't been a major problem for me.  but with this issue still not yet resolved, I wouldn't spend the money on a 16 gig card.

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2007, 01:40:53 PM »
My 12gb card works great.
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

Offline JasonSobel

• My show list
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2007, 10:00:52 PM »

have you recorded past the 8 gig mark?

Offline coloartist

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2007, 02:56:52 PM »

have you recorded past the 8 gig mark?

I don't know if I have. I'll try it this afternoon.  ???
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       

Offline coloartist

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2007, 05:58:46 PM »
OK- Here is what I found.

My card stops at 7.99gb also.  >:(  I have 3.44gb left on the card.

It just ceases up the player. I have to pull the batteries to make it turn off.

It reads the card as 12gb, and it says I have 1:47 left on the card at 24/96. But won't record on it as you all have found.

That is really good to know.

Note to self   "Do not record at 24/96 with 2:00 hours on the clock"
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       

Offline JasonSobel

• My show list
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2007, 09:33:28 PM »
OK- Here is what I found.

My card stops at 7.99gb also.  >:(  I have 3.44gb left on the card.

It just ceases up the player. I have to pull the batteries to make it turn off.

It reads the card as 12gb, and it says I have 1:47 left on the card at 24/96. But won't record on it as you all have found.

That is really good to know.

Note to self   "Do not record at 24/96 with 2:00 hours on the clock"

okay, that's exactly the same issue that I'm having.  completely locks up at 8 gig.  and the only way to reset the deck is to pull the plug (or the batteries).  at this point, I have detailed this problem to the head person at tech support at Tascam.  that person said that they were going to get back to me, and they haven't.  that was 3 or 4 weeks ago.  and I've called and left voice mails for him 3 times now.  still, it couldn't hurt to have more than one person calling in with the same problem.  at least that way, they will know that its not an isolated issue.  as you noted, the HD-P2 "sees" the space beyond 8 gigs, but just locks up when you try to record past it.  I think it's got to be a weird quirk because they didn't anticipate cards >8GB.  but the deck formats the card at FAT32, and recognizes the full capacity.  so it's got to be fixable with a firmware update.  at least, that's what I think and am hoping for.

Offline coloartist

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2007, 11:17:03 PM »
I emailed them this afternoon. I will see if they get back to me. If not I'll give them a call.
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.096 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com