Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Settings question about R-09 re: difficult recording situation  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Mr.Fantasy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Jesus saves...
Settings question about R-09 re: difficult recording situation
« on: September 13, 2007, 10:33:20 PM »
I have been recording my college lectures, and most of the time I am in what I would call a small to medium sized room with high ceilings. These recordings have been great...well beyond the quality necessary for what I am doing.

I have all controls on the back of the R-09 just like they came in the factory. The left column of controls are pushed left, and the right column are pushed right.

My question is this.

In some of my other classes, the room is larger, there are more people, and my teacher moves around moderately (not all over the place, she just dose not stay at the podium)....

.....how am I going to best record in such a situation....?

I have already got my recording level at something like 25 (out of thirty I believe  :o)......does anyone have any advice/experience with this unit in these circumstances....?

Thanks so much...

Andrew Treat
"I read somewhere that 77 percent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 percent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves" ---Jerry Garcia

Mics: Modified Nak 300's, Line Audio CM4
P48/Pres: PS2
Decks: Edirol R-09

Offline Mr.Fantasy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Jesus saves...
Re: Settings question about R-09 re: difficult recording situation
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 09:37:31 AM »
Since I already have the input power nearly maxed out....that the only thing I could do now would be to either maximize my placement of the R-09 in the classroom...so that I get the most sound possible....

......or use some sort of external mics and a pre......

......if not general advice, would anyone agree with my assessment?
"I read somewhere that 77 percent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 percent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves" ---Jerry Garcia

Mics: Modified Nak 300's, Line Audio CM4
P48/Pres: PS2
Decks: Edirol R-09

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com