Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: tascam DA-P1 Problem  (Read 1988 times)

Offline rowjimmy10

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
tascam DA-P1 Problem
« on: September 14, 2007, 03:24:53 PM »
Got this Rig from A dear Friend Who Had to leave this world And she alsways called it Trashcam really didnt understand why intill i got it.Then I understood , the problem is that it rec. great until the end of the first set then when i trade out tapes it freeze up sits for a few hours then works sound like to me it might be getting hot yes it is warm to the touch but nothing that i would say is not normal. every once in awhile if I unplug it,it might decide to work but not to much latley. Dont know how old the Battery is but seems to hold a good charge never went dead on me but then again only taped 1 full show so far because of it. not that i havent given it a try  multi. times anyway if you might know something to do  please give me a yell.

Jim Brown

Offline modmike

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
Re: tascam DA-P1 Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 04:32:24 PM »
How are you powering it?  What kind of battery -- how old?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 04:50:41 PM by modmike »

Offline rowjimmy10

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 08:19:37 PM »
bear with me the bat.im going out on a limb here but it would be from oade not a name on it just i sticker on it that says warranty void if removed 8/99 roughly inch and a half byfour inchs tall by six inchs long wrapped in black duct tape i know not alot of info here but all i got as i said seems to hold charge good .

Offline modmike

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 08:45:22 PM »
bear with me the bat.im going out on a limb here but it would be from oade not a name on it just i sticker on it that says warranty void if removed 8/99 roughly inch and a half byfour inchs tall by six inchs long wrapped in black duct tape i know not alot of info here but all i got as i said seems to hold charge good .

As rechargeable battery packs go -- that's ancient.

Try a test recording -- fm radio or tv audio -- using the ac supply if you have it.

If not, maybe Doug Oade can tell you what the anticipated life is of the battery pack with an 8-99 date on it.  It might hold a charge -- but may no longer have the capacity it needs to record the whole show.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com