Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Homebrew 12V 3 Wire Battery Box for AT853's  (Read 5833 times)

Offline poorlyconditioned

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a tapir!
Re: Homebrew 12V 3 Wire Battery Box for AT853's
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2005, 11:00:55 PM »
i was reading the playback forum and found a topic about these capicators http://www.audience-av.com/passive.htm
would they be usable in a batterybox?

I don't believe in all that fancy stuff.  Speaker cables, audiophile caps, etc.  Maybe if you're working at high frequencies (like RF) it would matter, but I challenge anyone to hear a difference between caps, even an electrolytic, in double-blind tests.  In my own battery boxes I've used both polyester and electrolytic caps (proper polarity) and can't tell the difference.  Even Linkwitz, who first suggested this mod, shows electrolytics in his battery box :)  And this guy should know know audio (he was the inventer of the Linkwitz-Riley crossover circuit if anyone is curious.)

Richard
Mics: Sennheiser MKE2002 (dummy head), Studio Projects C4, AT825 (unmodded), AT822 franken mic (x2), AT853(hc,c,sc,o), Senn. MKE2, Senn MKE40, Shure MX183/5, CA Cards, homebrew Panasonic and Transsound capsules.
Pre/ADC: Presonus Firepod & Firebox, DMIC20(x2), UA5(poorly-modded, AD8620+AD8512opamps), VX440
Recorders: Edirol R4, R09, IBM X24 laptop, NJB3(x2), HiMD(x2), MD(1).
** This individual has moved to user "illconditioned" **

Offline udovdh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Homebrew 12V 3 Wire Battery Box for AT853's
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 03:16:37 AM »
i was reading the playback forum and found a topic about these capicators http://www.audience-av.com/passive.htm
would they be usable in a batterybox?
I see much blabla but no specific info on what they are made of?
Go for polypropylene metal film.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com