Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: shure fp 32, anyone ever run one or currently own one?  (Read 2973 times)

stirinthesauce

• Trade Count: (0)
shure fp 32, anyone ever run one or currently own one?
« on: September 09, 2006, 12:02:19 PM »
Any one have any tips on running one, thoughts on the quality of the pre?   Any and all responses on this unit will be greatly appreciated.  Doesn't seem like much (none by my search except on the fp 24 ala mp-2 ) info on here about this pre.

Thanks!  -Jon

Oh, and for those who have no clue what this is and want to know, here is a product spec link from shure:
http://www.shure.com/stellent/groups/public/@gms_gmi_web_ug/documents/web_resource/us_pro_fp32a_en_ug.pdf
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 12:16:29 PM by stirinthesauce »

Offline oleg

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a proud Jew
    • you can find me here
Re: shure fp 32, anyone ever run one or currently own one?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 01:12:49 AM »
32a - you dont wont to deal with 32 :-)
the mixer is ok when it works , not the greatest  but really not the worst eng mixer  , but it  suffered from bad potentiometers and other desiases , after 2 -3 years was complete rebuild under new name 33( they stop making the 32a about 10 years ago pr so)
the shure dont have any spare parts for these one so they usially make exchange for the new 33  + the repair fee .
oleg kaizerman(gebe)hollyland
kaizeroaudio-rentals -sound for film/tv sales

schoepses, gefells, sankens, sennheisers....all kind of shit ....ends with deva 16  fusion ,zfr,788, 744, hhb
http://groups.google.com/group/sellbuyexchange-film-videoaudiogear

stirinthesauce

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 10:21:49 AM »
32a - you dont wont to deal with 32 :-)
the mixer is ok when it works , not the greatest  but really not the worst eng mixer  , but it  suffered from bad potentiometers and other desiases , after 2 -3 years was complete rebuild under new name 33( they stop making the 32a about 10 years ago pr so)
the shure dont have any spare parts for these one so they usially make exchange for the new 33  + the repair fee .

Was mainly gonna use it as an extra 2 channel pre, probably will not run the 3rd channel.  Would you foresee any issues using as just an additional 2 channel pre in the bag?

Tomorrow will be my first outing and really just needed something to power an extra set of mics and send a l - r stereo signal to my ua-5 for 4 mic mixes.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 10:30:52 AM by stirinthesauce »

Offline oleg

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a proud Jew
    • you can find me here
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 03:10:58 PM »
keep the inputs high and the main outs low  for better s/n ratio
dont us hi pass filters if dont must , it cuts to high
if you like to hear ms , you have internal switches to headphone amp , the phantom power could be set for 12 or 48 v  or t ( a-b ) if you run t powered mics
if you run external power , loose the internal batteries , the mixer will not work if the batteries are dead and you are on ext
really dont remember much , didnt touch one for 10 years
the limiters are also could be set for fast and slow release
check the menu , enjoy the show
oleg kaizerman(gebe)hollyland
kaizeroaudio-rentals -sound for film/tv sales

schoepses, gefells, sankens, sennheisers....all kind of shit ....ends with deva 16  fusion ,zfr,788, 744, hhb
http://groups.google.com/group/sellbuyexchange-film-videoaudiogear

stirinthesauce

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 04:18:51 PM »
keep the inputs high and the main outs low  for better s/n ratio
dont us hi pass filters if dont must , it cuts to high
if you like to hear ms , you have internal switches to headphone amp , the phantom power could be set for 12 or 48 v  or t ( a-b ) if you run t powered mics
if you run external power , loose the internal batteries , the mixer will not work if the batteries are dead and you are on ext
really dont remember much , didnt touch one for 10 years
the limiters are also could be set for fast and slow release
check the menu , enjoy the show

Thanks and +t for the tips  :)  Just got it via fedex a few minutes ago.  Like the size and sturdy build.  Gonna test it out tonight at home.  I'm sure I will have some further questions  :D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com